Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Bite photo. Please help. [a: cannot diagnose bed bugs from skin reactions]

(4 posts)
  1. misery

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Oct 16 2014 7:52:36
    #

Login to Send PM

I was treated last Friday for the second time. Today my infant has this on his arm:

Could this be a BB bite? I know it's so hard to ID these things based on bites but he hasn't had bites and i'm really quite distraught, I am just so upset that I moved my children into this! It's just the one mark on his forearm.

Not a pro here. Call me Jon Snow...... for I know nothing, except what I've experienced.
  2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Oct 16 2014 8:16:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Please read this:

http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/new-bite-primer-my-5000th-post

To understand why its not possible to tell what is causing skin reactions.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Oct 16 2014 13:27:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry-- it's not "hard" to diagnose bed bugs from a skin reaction, it's impossible. Even for a dermatologist!

The good news is, bed bug monitors may help. Here's a FAQ with some options. When you find a bed bug or even suspected fecal stain, those can be ID'd. If bed bugs are biting in your home, they will poop each time. Those fecal stains should be near where bites occur.

Note also, it's possible your son is being bitten outside the home, because delayed reactions are normal.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  4. misery

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Oct 16 2014 14:31:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for the links and accompanying information. I just wasn't sure if it was possible to only have one bite at all. I can handle a lot, but it's difficult to watch your babies have to handle these things. I am just going a little crazy and trying to tell myself it was a skeeter bite. Again thank you for your replies.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,416 posts in 48,817 topics over 151 months by 21,435 of 21,838 members. Latest: dc8184, bedbugtoronto, stinson