Bite Location question

(4 posts)
  1. tforms1

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Mon Mar 5 2018 3:28:34
    #

Login to Send PM

From reading here the general consensus is that the bugs will prefer to bite exposed skin.
    I assume that will mean forearms and face/neck most of the time.

But I remember seeing a news report a few years ago of a woman on vacation who was bitten over 30 times at a hotel. All her bites were on her back, none on the face - is that abnormal then?

Today we noticed my 2 year old son had 2 bites on his stomach and 2 on his chest and 4 on his back.
    He was wearing 2 long sleeve tshirts last night
    Its winter in NYC so I doubt there are mosquitos around.

When he sleeps he does roll around a lot but I would think the shirt would cover his body most of the time. Shouldn't he have gotten bit on his face first?

Thank you

2. hopeitsnotbugs

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Mon Mar 5 2018 9:55:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Myself, my son nor my daughter have never gotten bit on our faces. My son's were on his shoulder, chest, armpit area and back (covered) and legs/ankles (this was the night he switched pajamas and his legs were exposed because they ride up). With me, I know my pajamas ride up in the night. We also never got bit on our arms or wrist. I've learned unfortunately (and it is written on this site quite a bit) is that you can't tell a whole lot by the bites. I would start looking for evidence, and if you can't find anything but still suspect something, call in a PCO. I had to get a canine inspection, as the first PCO came out found nothing around my bed, my son's bed and our sofa, but I knew there was something as my son got several bites a few days later.

3. Mf1616

Posted 9 months ago
    Mon Mar 5 2018 11:39:54
    #

Login to Send PM

When I lived with a heavy infestation in my college dorm, I was never bit on my face...almost always on my back, even though I was wearing clothing to bed. I’m not an expert... all I can speak of is from my experience, but I was never bitten on the face or neck. And I lived with bed bugs for months.

For the record, I am NOT an expert.
    My advice/opinion comes from past experience(s) with bed bugs and what I have read on-line.
  4. bugged-cdn

Posted 9 months ago
    Mon Mar 5 2018 21:30:09
    #

Login to Send PM

I was bitten on the face several times.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

282,510 posts in 47,004 topics over 143 months by 20,744 of 21,019 members. Latest: Ohnoihopenot, bedbugnitemare, C333