Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Bite ID on 1 year old leg [a: no one can ID skin reactions]

(2 posts)
  1. worriedmom2017

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Aug 5 2017 23:36:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi everyone!

I am super worried that we may have bed bugs in our apartment. My 1 year old som has been getting these red bumps on one of his legs and no where else. At first I didn't think they were bites but now he has 3 that have me extremely worried. No one else in the house has bites and I thoroughly checked his crib and found no traces of bed bug, not even dark fecal stains on his bed sheet or mattress. Please help me either confirm or rule out what this could be. Thank you!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/157625127@N06/35589191483/in/set-72157684670375043/

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Aug 6 2017 6:06:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Can't really confirm or rule out bed bugs by the skin lesions. You have to place monitors. There are passive monitors from climb-up style, to cardboard, to glueboard style. Folded cloth like napkins or fan-folded paper can be used. Fan-folded is 1/2 inch fold and clip the ends or staple one and clip the other. You have to open one side to look in between the folds. You can call in professional pest control, too.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

287,532 posts in 47,908 topics over 148 months by 21,105 of 21,444 members. Latest: bugsaway71, odetteamo, nyc-bedbugs