Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Bite advice wanted (i know ID is not possible)

(2 posts)
  1. iseeyoutoo

newbite

Posted 11 months ago
    Tue Feb 20 2018 12:00:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I have had bedbugs years ago and have referred to this community during and since then, and I appreciate the opinions and advice I have received.

I will try to keep this as concise and possible.

Last night I was on the computer for a couple of hours when i noticed my arm was itchy and after a few minutes these welts appeared:

https://imgur.com/a/sEZUw

They are alarming because of the pattern, and they didn't quite remind me of mosquito bites (all different sizes, in a line). This morning i found another similar single welt on my shoulder. Now, 12ish hours later from the first welts, they are all gone.

In the past i didn't react too strongly to BB bites, but definitely got itchy. When i was looking at the bites they didn't look like mosquito bites, but now that they are all gone that does seem more familiar, although with mosquitos there is usually a small red bump, and there's no trace at all. The weather has just gotten warmer here in Brooklyn.

I'm not freaking out, but i would like some advice on what precautions i might take moving forward. I spent the weekend at an AirBnb upstate with some friends, so my first thought was that maybe i got bit there. I've inspected my sheets and will do so further. I plan to do a wash/freezer cycle with everything that was exposed to the AirBnb just in case.

Does anyone have an opinion or advice on whether this seems like BB or not, or if i should take any other actions? I don't like to overreact but i fear not taking action will spread an infestation to my apt and others.

Best wishes.

2. hopeitsnotbugs

newbite

Posted 11 months ago
    Tue Feb 20 2018 14:15:09
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm not an expert by any means, but given the fact that they've completely disappeared after 12 hours, I wonder if it's hives? I now know that after I've been inspecting my own skin more closely and researching after thinking I may have bed bugs, hives can look like a welt and can be very itchy, but then pretty much disappears in a day or two. My skin seems to be aggravated by tight clothing, but I think even just itching a spot repeatedly can cause a welt to appear. Hopefully an expert will be able to give you a better idea about prevention, and hopefully it's not bed bugs!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

283,867 posts in 47,243 topics over 145 months by 20,836 of 21,126 members. Latest: pinkfoxes, Tomwilson28, aeb19