Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Bite

(7 posts)
  1. astrogirl

Posted 5 months ago
    Sat Jan 26 2019 3:43:12
    #

Login to Send PM

I just woke up with a possible bite in nose?? Is this possible? And two very tiny red marks outside the nostril where the burning bleeding bump is. This happened in the other nostril 2 weeks ago. Coincidence?? Still no actual bug sighting.

2. astrogirl

Posted 5 months ago
    Sat Jan 26 2019 9:28:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Needless to say I'm freaked out so I ordered 2 monitors for my bed and couch. Everyone keeps blaming my electric heat and anxiety. I know the mind is a powerful thing but powerful enough to create pimple like sores and "bites"?? I can't imagine electric heat could create this much havoc on my body. Granted, prior to moving to this condo, I lived in a house with water baseboard heat.

3. PNW_photogapher

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Sat Jan 26 2019 10:42:01
    #

Login to Send PM

astrogirl - 6 hours ago  » 
    I just woke up with a possible bite in nose?? Is this possible? And two very tiny red marks outside the nostril where the burning bleeding bump is. This happened in the other nostril 2 weeks ago. Coincidence?? Still no actual bug sighting.

Hi dear!
    I would say that is unlikely. Although they will bite on your face in a pinch (no pun intended) that is rare. They typically go for parts of the body that are uncovered, hands, back, legs, stomach. Inside of your nose could be an ingrown hair or if you’ve itched, one of the follicles could have become infected. Also it’s not uncommon for a mosquito to land on you but get sucked up during inhilation. Outside of the nose could also be acne. Also if you have eczema that could cause random rashes. My body over reacts sometimes if it doesn’t approve of a type of fabric. lol

4. astrogirl

Posted 5 months ago
    Sat Jan 26 2019 11:42:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you. I actually sleep with long sleeves and longs pants and socks because it's freezing where I live at the moment. I've been to the dermatologist and of course when I went I didn't have said "bites". Also went to the allergist and of course I have a bad dust mite allergy but those don't cause bites. I've also had weird sores/bumps on my scalp and my scalp has been so itchy. I'm really at a loss because no one has any concrete answers except it's all in my head.

5. PNW_photogapher

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Sat Jan 26 2019 11:55:59
    #

Login to Send PM

astrogirl - 6 minutes ago  » 
    Thank you. I actually sleep with long sleeves and longs pants and socks because it's freezing where I live at the moment. I've been to the dermatologist and of course when I went I didn't have said "bites". Also went to the allergist and of course I have a bad dust mite allergy but those don't cause bites. I've also had weird sores/bumps on my scalp and my scalp has been so itchy. I'm really at a loss because no one has any concrete answers except it's all in my head.

Aha I think we’ve found a culprit then! Sores in your scalp paired with intense itching could be a sign of lice. I’m rare cases you could also contract body lice which they tend to hand around parts of your body with hair. Since you sleep covered up I’d assume the BBs would have gone for your hands or under your necks. They like sweat and dead skin. For the itching relief I recommend head and shoulders clinical strength. It’s in a blue bottle and cost around $5 at Walmart. Anything with alovera will work though. Also have a significant other, friend, or family look long the scalp line for lice and eggs. If present no worries it’s an easy fix, easier than bed bugs Atleast. lol

6. astrogirl

Posted 5 months ago
    Sat Jan 26 2019 12:08:13
    #

Login to Send PM

The allergist looked at my scalp and didn't see anything lice related. She did do blood blood work and found I was slightly anemic which she thinks is causing the itching but that still doesn't explain the weird bumps/hives that show up on my face, neck, ears etc... I think I'm going to go back to the derm and also make an appointment with a therapist because I can't continue like this. Barely sleeping and paranoid about unknown bugs. I will try the passive monitors though when they come. It can't hurt. Thank you for your insight. This forum has been so helpful and I appreciate everyone on here.

7. astrogirl

Posted 5 months ago
    Tue Jan 29 2019 6:27:51
    #

Login to Send PM

After being asleep for an hour I woke up to itching by my right nostril. The stinging burning sensation followed. Imlook in the mirror and there's a tiny red puncture like mark. Something is def biting me. It always happens at night while I'm sleeping. After 4 1/2,months wouldn't I see one bug at least?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,715 posts in 48,877 topics over 151 months by 21,459 of 21,861 members. Latest: NHbugs, nervousbackpacker, SimpleObserver