Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Free for all

Big Dummy

(7 posts)
  1. SS864

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Sat Oct 27 2018 12:11:39
    #

Login to Send PM

I've been reading the posts you take the time to respond to recently. Thank you for investing your time in this forum. When people discover bed bugs for the first time they have a ton of questions and fears, and you consistently are the first pro to respond. I appreciate you and I know everybody else does to. Thank you.

2. ithoughtlicewerebad

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Sat Oct 27 2018 16:42:23
    #

Login to Send PM

This is so true. Big Dummy is no dummy. He's a huge help. And has the patience of a saint.

3. Chronic

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Sat Oct 27 2018 18:00:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Good at de-catastophizing, willing to point out when you're being foolish. Good guy.

4. Dlmcc

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Sat Oct 27 2018 19:37:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Great sense of humor too. He cracks me up and can calm me down. I've taken a few screenshots of some of his posts to remind myself from time to time this isn't the end of the world. Thanks so much Big Dummy.

5. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Mon Oct 29 2018 17:01:28
    #

Login to Send PM

I've been hanging around for five years now. When I first started posting I came in guns blazing, the confidence only seen in those who have no idea what in the eff they're talking about. I wrongly IDed a bed bug as a cockroach, and the photo was high quality and clear. Lou correctly IDed the bed bug in that thread and I decided to shut the hell up and learn. This place has been my classroom, I have access to some amazing pros, access to many different stories of infestations and many cases of "headbugs," which I particularly find interesting.
    Without this place and its members I'd still be clueless. The dynamics of my residents seems different from many who post here, I work at a shelter. I am afforded the luxury of trying new techniques, creating tools like the heater box that cooks all possessions of incoming clients and working directly with people on treatment plans. I like problems with no easy solutions, it keeps me focused.
    I really do owe thanks to Nobugs, Lou, David Cain, Paul Bello, KQ John and countless others who have taken me under their wing and answered some of my off-the-wall questions.

No if you'll excuse me I'm going into the jungle for two weeks of utter seclusion, see you all mid-November. Thanks for the thanks.

6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Mon Oct 29 2018 22:54:57
    #

Login to Send PM

You’re awesome, BigDummy. Enjoy the jungle!

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  7. misery

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Oct 31 2018 3:15:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Had to stop by and say thanks. I remember when I joined and got some of the "guns a blazin'" posts. I always looked up to all of the people who were willing to help. So thank you for being part of the mental refuge I needed when I was at my lowest. Enjoy your trip!

Not a pro here. Call me Jon Snow...... for I know nothing, except what I've experienced.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

281,578 posts in 46,826 topics over 143 months by 20,660 of 21,557 members. Latest: Dread Bugs, gbbedbug, BuggedOUTinOH