(3 posts)
  1. Bedbugbentley

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Apr 27 2018 8:50:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I had one room in the house (downstairs) infested with bugs. They have used steam and chemicals as a treatment. They looked in the bedrooms upstairs but could not find any signs and due to this suggested steam and chemicals for that one room. Problem is, when I had slept in that room the night I got bedbugs, I took the pillow from my bedroom and after I had slept there, put the pillow back on my bed upstairs. So I'm guessing I could have transferred a few bugs and eggs... in the past few days since all of this happened, I have noticed more bites. The first time 3 in a row and the last time one on my leg. I'm guessing they must be in my room

Problem is PCO said that because my house has wooden flooring throughout, heat treatment could make them bubble? Is this true? And lastly, is heat treatment the best way of eliminating the problem altogether?

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Apr 27 2018 11:43:55
    #

Login to Send PM

The three in a row rule means nothing; bed bugs can't count or use a ruler, the mind tries to make patterns out of nothing sometimes.
    While it's possible to transfer bed bugs when swapping pillows it is by no means a guarantee. Continue to inspect, but it's too soon to start down the path to heat treatment, you've found no solid evidence that the bed bugs are still in your home.
    A passive monitor on each bed should ease the paranoia.

3. Bedbugbentley

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Apr 27 2018 12:43:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks so much for your reply. The three in a row I think were bites as they were welts and looked identical to the 70+ bites I had before. That said, you are right, it’s too soon and I have no evidence. Bed bugs make you sooo paranoid!!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,610 posts in 49,509 topics over 153 months by 21,693 of 22,135 members. Latest: mrssachvz, mandy717, Lodo956