Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Best source for buying BB chemicals online?

(10 posts)
  1. thiscantbehappening

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Mar 12 2011 20:02:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

does anyone have any experience with buying bedbug pest control chemicals online? I have read about the efficacy of Bedlam, Tempo dust, Gentrol, diatamous earth and phantom. We are already using the diatamous earth in our bedrooms and would like to add a professional strength spray. This is being done as a follow up to a potentially failed professional treatment of steam & chemicals..... We just cant afford to hire another PCO to come out to do another treatment......

thanks so much for any recommendations!

BTW: we live in California

2. BBGen0cide

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Mar 13 2011 5:50:01
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm going to say phantom. In cracks only, detailed and not sloppy. Its the only one that doesn't repel them like all the others do. Plus they are not immune to it.

You have to mix it stronger, the 3fl ounces for one gallon mode, i think its the 0.5 method, not the 0.125 method for termites.

I'm about to try this in the cracks on my bed frame, the base boards and all the cracks i can find. make small barriers with it around vents and whatever i can find. Lay it down once a month till these bastards are dead.

Its the only one I will try, don't bother with the spray cans, get the mix kind with a chapin sprayer. I know it takes time for phantom to kill, about as long as DE, cept DE is a bitch to put down in a way that won't repel bed bugs. Plus dusts really bother me. I have read people get great results with phantom and steamers.

3. BBGen0cide

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Mar 13 2011 6:47:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh, I forgot to give the link.

http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/phantom-termiticideinsecticide-p-209.html?osCsid=bfa09fbad526bf6542b98d6cbe9d6226

Be sure and read instructions and follow them exactly.

4. thiscantbehappening

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Mar 15 2011 0:07:53
    #

Login to Send PM

thanks so much for taking the time to answer this question! this is very helpful

5. BBGen0cide

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Mar 15 2011 5:48:10
    #

Login to Send PM

No problem, come back and let us know if you do it. I am about to lay phantom down for the first time.

Of all the products on the market, this is the one that seems to work for bed bugs over and over from the success stories I read. Just follow a good guide on where to apply it, the instructions kind of tell you, but look online for good guides, there are some phantom youtube videos as well..

Be sure to wear good gloves, eye protection, and a great respirator from the same site. Be very careful, and air the place out good before your re enter. Must make sure no one is around when laying it down.

6. so unsettling

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Mar 15 2011 6:07:44
    #

Login to Send PM

BBg where have you read these success stories? At that site there are some, I know. But I don't see any here, which concerns me.

I have wondered if, because Phantom works so slow, there is too much time left for the bugs to multiply, making eradication more difficult. PCOS don't seem to be using it so much, given the hype about it. I wonder if it really has to be alternated with something faster, in order for the Phantom to be effective. In other words, I wonder if we can really afford to bypass the dreaded so-called "repellants."

But good luck; I hope it does the job for you.

7. BBGen0cide

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Mar 15 2011 6:21:09
    #

Login to Send PM

It works for over a month. Re apply every month till they are gone. No prb, the eggs will hatch and the babies will bite it.

I think bed bugs are repelled by every other type of residual, even DE.

Phantom, they will sit on it, live on it, drag it back to their harborages and not even care.

8. thiscantbehappening

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Mar 15 2011 9:00:07
    #

Login to Send PM

The Phantom sounds excellent, but I am also concerned about how long it takes to kill. I have been also looking into Temprid; and read on this board that this is a more fast acting BB killer than Phantom. I was thinking of using Temprid sparingly, closely following instructions, while using Bedlam in areas that receive more direct human and pet contact (couches, etc.). I already have some DE down. I have not decided yet between the Temprid and the Phantom, and will definitely let everyone know how things go. Thank you so much for your feedback and research!

9. btaggart

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Mar 15 2011 11:03:18
    #

Login to Send PM

http://store.isotechpest.com/

this is isotech pest management's store they are based in california so they would probably be best for you to use

10. DustinBBKiller

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Mar 16 2011 11:45:26
    #

Login to Send PM

There are also 2 Lesco's (Formerly John Deere in some areas) in California. One in Petaluma, and one in Upland. http://www.lesco.com/prodcatalog/storefinder.aspx

Call em up, see what they have for products. I get some products from them in my area. WAY cheaper than that garbage website doyourownpestcontrol.

Oh and you have got to be kidding me with this product? http://store.isotechpest.com/REST_EASY_Bedbug_Spray_for_Luggage_p/jt-bb011.htm?1=1&CartID=0

During our pest mgmt conf. last week a vendor gave me one of these bottles... I swear the picture of the "bed bug" on the bottle is not a bed bug. It just doesn't resemble one at all. Maybe it's me and my lack of trust in these "gimmicky" products. I dunno.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,196 posts in 50,137 topics over 155 months by 21,918 of 22,413 members. Latest: Peachyy92, Bigworm, Cain69