Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tools/ideas for fighting bed bugs

Best Mattress and Box Spring encasements?

(5 posts)
  1. anxiety13

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Aug 17 2016 15:31:52
    #

Login to Send PM

We are set to have heat treatment done to our home next week. I'd like to get the BEST mattress & box spring encasements out there. Reviews are all over the place on Amazon. Was originally looking at the Protect-a-bed as that is what our PCO suggested, however I am reading that the box spring encasements are paper thin. Any suggestions of tried and true products?

2. Jerusajohanna1692

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Aug 17 2016 15:49:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Anxiety

I bought this from Amazon and I love it.....HIGHLY recommend. Bought one for my mattress and box spring. heavy duty but very comfortable.

Zippered Bed Bug Proof Box Spring Encasement (Full) Ample Zipper Opening for Easy Use - Water Resistant Cover, Ultimate Protection against Insects, Dust Mites and Allergens by Utopia Bedding

by Utopia Bedding

3. anxiety13

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Aug 17 2016 15:58:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Jerusajohanna1692 - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Hi Anxiety
    I bought this from Amazon and I love it.....HIGHLY recommend. Bought one for my mattress and box spring. heavy duty but very comfortable.
    Zippered Bed Bug Proof Box Spring Encasement (Full) Ample Zipper Opening for Easy Use - Water Resistant Cover, Ultimate Protection against Insects, Dust Mites and Allergens by Utopia Bedding
    by Utopia Bedding

May I ask how long you have had them and how is the fabric? durable?

4. anxiety13

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Aug 17 2016 16:49:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Jerusajohanna1692 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hi Anxiety
    by Utopia Bedding

Hmm, this is one of the several reviews that say the fabric has small holes...

For those who are looking for a box spring encasement to prevent/stop bed bugs, do not buy this. The fabric is basically mesh. The holes are plenty big enough for bed bugs to crawl through. There is a misconception that they are visible to the human eye. Adults are, but not nymphs (babies) and eggs. The nymphs are extremely small *like the tip of a ballpoint pen) and are experts at squeezing through even the smallest openings. This product won't help you at all if you are indeed suffering from an infestation, and it's a shame that they are advertised as bed bug proof. Spend the money to get a lab tested encasement with a strong zipper and sealed openings.

5. Jerusajohanna1692

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Aug 18 2016 7:52:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Well i can only go by my experience but i haven't had any bugs on my bed. Yes it is a mesh but i checked last night. I put the end of a paperclip in between the holes and it did not go through.

I have had mine for 2 months and yes it is durable and easy to clean. I wipe mine down every few days.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,330 posts in 50,174 topics over 155 months by 21,930 of 22,427 members. Latest: nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo, Ctired14