(2 posts)
  1. bugsinfoco

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Sep 24 2010 3:07:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi!

I've been using the website quite a bit over the last several months. Short story-- I'm a student at a major university and live in the family housing apartments. Moved into a new apt December 2009 and discovered bed bugs. Pest Control confirmed she had treated the apt several times before we moved in, as well as the apt upstairs. We had four unsuccessful pesticide treatments. The neighbors upstairs moved out and had their apartment treated twice while it was empty. The university replaced all the mattresses free of charge. We still kept getting bit.

The university (which has experienced problems in many apartments in addition to ours) finally decided to try what they had been using in the dorms in the apts and I had a thermal treatment last week. The PCO was Envirozone, located in Fort Collins, CO. They were great-- very professional, did a good job explaining everything. We were able to keep almost everything in the apartment, including electronics. The fish, candles, fresh food and anything pressurized or flammable had to go. (The fish went to a neighbor, everything else went in the fridge.) They start at 8 in the morning, finished at 4, and got the temp up to 130. I got home around 7:30 and the heat was still pretty unbearable but cooled down pretty quickly once the temp outside dropped. So far, it seems to have been successful. The new neighbors upstairs (who had a much worse problem then us in spite of all the treatments before they moved in) were treated the day after our apartment, and haven't had any problems since the treatment. It's only been 8 days so we'll see how things are in the future.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my experience; hopefully it can be helpful to someone. I feel lucky to be on a college campus where all the costs are covered. I'm still planning on asking for a rent credit to cover all the time I have spent on this, as it is pretty clear the problem was here before we moved in, and we were not warned. (The neighbors upstairs weren't informed of the history before they moved in either.) Please see my upcoming separate post on this if you have any suggestions for successfully obtaining a rent credit!

2. BBGen0cide

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Sep 24 2010 4:18:42
    #

Login to Send PM

I was thinking about using these guys, but man, i just dont have 2000 bucks.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,431 posts in 48,820 topics over 151 months by 21,437 of 21,839 members. Latest: bedbugtoronto, stinson, WendyW