Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Been a long time but they are back. Just got a spray and now home is toxic!

(6 posts)
  1. Itchybutdealing

Posted 9 years ago
    Sat Sep 19 2009 18:50:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Anyone have any suggestions what to do when your pco has sprayed to much Bedlam and Demand CS. So much so that my child who has asthma is sick and I wake up feeling like vomiting. PCO claims that he sprayed in the same way he has before but it was a different operator this time. We can not be at home it gets us so sick. What can we do to dissipate the effect? We opened all the windows and are running fans. Should we just mop up the pesticide and try with another PCO or a more careful one. How can we be at home without being sick? Thanks.

2. helpmenyc

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Sat Sep 19 2009 18:58:22
    #

Login to Send PM

The PCO may have sprayed the same amount. Maybe not. However, triggers for asthma can result in worsening of symptoms with each subsequent exposure. Maybe your PCO could try a different treatment steam, heat or cryonite or just other chemicals maybe your family won't react so badly to different treatments. Good luck.

3. Itchybutdealing

Posted 9 years ago
    Sat Sep 19 2009 19:18:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks so much! Any suggestions of how we should clean it up now?

4. Reallytired5

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Sat Sep 19 2009 22:28:05
    #

Login to Send PM

I would ask your PCO to deal with the clean up. We had a similar problem with a PCO applying a residual powder in our 3 year-olds bedroom in an area that was not safe. We contacted some other PCO's and one recommended calling a state authority to file a complaint. We did and the result is that our PCO is now bending over backwards helping us with our BB problem.

It's a tough call deciding what treaments to use because you need to get rid of the bugs, but you need to keep your family healthy. Maybe you could meet with your PCO to develop a specific plan and decide whta chemicals to use and when.

Hope this helps.

5. Itchybutdealing

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Sep 20 2009 11:53:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you. Our PCO is coming to help with clean up and a plan that includes less toxic chemicals. We didn't call the state just called the head guy and he is coming himself. Hope it works. Fingers crossed! We spent last night in the hospital with a kid who couldn't breath, not fun!

6. Buggybumpers

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed May 4 2011 8:15:17
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't know what my PCO used by I had six sprays. I never had asthma before in my life but I have had bouts of it right from the beginning of this ordeal even though I was not present during the sprays and did not return to the apartment until four or five hours later. The first spraying smelled so bad that I asked the guy to open the windows before he left the times he came back. My mattress was still damp when I came back after the first time. Leaving the place was my own idea, the PCO never suggested it. It's been two weeks since my last spray, I still have bugs and I still have the asthma attacks.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,416 posts in 48,817 topics over 151 months by 21,435 of 21,838 members. Latest: dc8184, bedbugtoronto, stinson