Bedbugs vs dinosaurs

(3 posts)
  1. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 months ago
    Thu May 16 2019 11:35:31
    #

Login to Send PM

OK we are not talking about some Godzilla versus Mothra creature feature but as the article below show bedbugs managed to survive the last mass extinction event when dinosaurs did not.

In essence this means that from a genetic perspective they have had a lot longer to adapt and modify then humans have and even if some people call for extinction level pest control its not likely to be effective.

It also explains why they have such a great ability to adapt and develop resistance to insecticides, they are one of natures true survivors and a worthy foe for those of us who choose to take them on.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-48274090

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 6 months ago
    Thu May 16 2019 12:28:25
    #

Login to Send PM

I was just going to post that, interesting read.

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 months ago
    Fri May 17 2019 17:30:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes— interesting! I blogged about this this morning, but forgot to alert the forums: https://bedbugger.com/2019/05/17/bed-bugs-have-been-around-longer-than-we-thought/

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,275 posts in 50,155 topics over 155 months by 21,924 of 22,420 members. Latest: duracell, Parawail, Quiltergirl