Bedbugs in Arizona..My experiences [Temprid review]

(50 posts)
  1. Outlander-AZ

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 22 2011 11:37:27
    #

Login to Send PM

A few months ago I found I was getting bitten by something at night. Eventually I found little bugs crawling in my bed I caught a few and identified them as Bedbugs. In AZ we can buy all then chemicals ourselves that pros use so I went to the spray shop and picked up some suspend and bedlam. After using both and lots of research and turning my place upside down I think I knocked down the infestation by 80% but I was still getting some small bites but less frequent. I was getting ready to spray again and I turned my bed and everything over and saw a couble live bugs under the bed. I decided to catch them. I then sprayed and found another which I sprayed he didnt seem fazed by my suspend. I waited and he didnt die and that was from a direct hit. I knew I needed somethig else to finish my bedbug slaughter. I did some more research and talked to a rep from Bayer. He pointed me to Temprid. We talked alot about why it works and the tests that had been done. The local spray shop had no real experience with temprid on the bedbug and suggested against it. they suggested Phantom which is very slow to kill. I insisted I needed to try the Temprid.
    THey had one bottle of Temprid on the shelf. I took it home and ran a small test of my own. I mixed it up at the strongest dilution and I wiped just a little bit into a glass dish. I then made sure the residue dried completely. Let me assure you the residue in the dish was minimal. Any how I put one of my captives in the dish for about 20 seconds the bug immediately started acting different. I took him out of the dish and put him back into the container that had 2 other full sized bugs and a few babies. They had reproduced while in the container. Anyhow I tossed him in and came back a while later and found all the bugs in my container dead. This was very positive. So I sprayed everything everywhere with Temprid this time. I immediately found dead bugs mostly under the bed.

So it has been weeks and I seem to be bedbug free thanks to Temprid. I will continue to spray the area for a while with the Temprid just to be safe.

OK Part 2
    A few days ago a friend mentioned he was getting bit by something at his place. We took a look and yes found the bedbugs thriving. I captured one of his bugs for a test and we sprayed his place. Killing bugs almost immediately. I took my bug home and placed him on the side of my box spring which I hadn't sprayed in over 2 weeks he was there for about 20seconds I then tossed him back into his container . Almost immediately he was acting odd. and within 5minutes he wasn't moving anymore . So even after a couple weeks the Temprid killed the bedbugs and killed the resistant bugs as well. Any questions let me know.

2. rs1971

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 22 2011 12:00:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Do you have any financial incentive to promote Temprid? Assuming that the answer to that question isn't 'no' (and I'm guessing that it isn't) you should look at the site side bars. Do you see all of the companies that pay money to advertise their products on this site? What makes you think then that you should be entitled to advertise yours for free?

-rs1971

3. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 22 2011 12:03:10
    #

Login to Send PM

The big issue in what you did is "stongest dilution possible".

You need to follow the labels for proper dilution.

One ratio may be fine for outdoors but wrong for inside. Unless the product allows for direct furniture applicatio you can't do it safely.

Jim

4. Outlander-AZ

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 22 2011 12:07:50
    #

Login to Send PM

rs1971 - 1 minute ago  » 
    Do you have any financial incentive to promote Temprid? Assuming that the answer to that question isn't 'no' (and I'm guessing that it isn't) you should look at the site side bars. Do you see all of the companies that pay money to advertise their products on this site? What makes you think then that you should be entitled to advertise yours for free?
    -rs1971

Maybe I should have mentioned it but I do not work in the bug killing world and I have no interest in any of the products in these categories (other than getting rid of my bugs). I'm just trying to let people know what I have found that works. Even on the resistant ones. I did a lot of homework and phone calls to decide to use it. Even the local seller here hadn't really used it or even recommended it they actually said they didn't think it would work but after all my calls and talking to people I decided it was the best choice and it works. It's not an advertisement for anything other than word of mouth. I know how bad these bugs SUCK first hand and if I can help someone get rid of them on their own without spending thousands than great. Any other questions or accusations?

5. Outlander-AZ

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 22 2011 12:09:17
    #

Login to Send PM

spideyjg - 5 minutes ago  » 
    The big issue in what you did is "stongest dilution possible".
    You need to follow the labels for proper dilution.
    One ratio may be fine for outdoors but wrong for inside. Unless the product allows for direct furniture applicatio you can't do it safely.
    Jim

It was the strongest dilution listed in the directions...

6. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 22 2011 12:10:31
    #

Login to Send PM

BTW kudos on doing actual efficacy testing on your captive BBs.

Jim

7. Outlander-AZ

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 22 2011 12:17:33
    #

Login to Send PM

spideyjg - 2 minutes ago  » 
    BTW kudos on doing actual efficacy testing on your captive BBs.
    Jim

Thanks Jim, I'm not a professional bug man at all but I wanted to know if the product was still working after 2 weeks. I had been told by the rep that I called that they had good results at 30days out. I don't know the conditions of their tests but I'm sure it was in favor of the product. I wanted to know how it was working for me in my own situation. I now feel confident that if I use this around a few more times nothing will have been able to make their way around the place without dying and that's fine with me.

8. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 22 2011 12:18:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Did you use 8ml/gallon as stated for BBs or the 16ml/gallon for outdoors?

8 is fine per the maker and 16 is overuse.

Jim

9. Outlander-AZ

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 22 2011 12:21:31
    #

Login to Send PM

spideyjg - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Did you use 8ml/gallon as stated for BBs or the 16ml/gallon for outdoors?
    8 is fine per the maker and 16 is overuse.
    Jim

indoor 8

10. makesmenuts

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 22 2011 12:26:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Do you happen to have pets? I'm always paranoid about the effects of a strong residual on dogs and cats.

11. rs1971

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 22 2011 12:27:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Outlander-AZ - 16 minutes ago  » 

Maybe I should have mentioned it but I do not work in the bug killing world and I have no interest in any of the products in these categories (other than getting rid of my bugs). I'm just trying to let people know what I have found that works. Even on the resistant ones. I did a lot of homework and phone calls to decide to use it. Even the local seller here hadn't really used it or even recommended it they actually said they didn't think it would work but after all my calls and talking to people I decided it was the best choice and it works. It's not an advertisement for anything other than word of mouth. I know how bad these bugs SUCK first hand and if I can help someone get rid of them on their own without spending thousands than great. Any other questions or accusations?

Okay, sorry then. Your post read just like one of the advertisements disguised as happy customer testimonials that pop up every once in a while but I see now that it wasn't. My apologies. And I agree with Jim, kudos to you for running your own efficacy tests.

-rs1971

12. Outlander-AZ

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 22 2011 12:28:34
    #

Login to Send PM

makesmenuts - 1 minute ago  » 
    Do you happen to have pets? I'm always paranoid about the effects of a strong residual on dogs and cats.

No sorry no pets and just me.

13. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 22 2011 12:48:45
    #

Login to Send PM

A few thoughts:
    By "strongest dilution" does that mean the highest concentration of active ingredient to water or the strongest concentration of water to active ingredient?

Temprid sounds promising, as it combines beta-cyfluthrin (a pyrethroid, typical of many current insecticides used against BB) with imacycloprid (a neo-nicotinoid, in a class with Phantom).

That said, those of us who are non-scientists (self included) can't reliably pinpoint how a product like this will work in any particular case but "our own". Did your bugs die because of the Temprid or because of the things you applied before, with Temprid applying the coup-de-grace? Was it the nature of your particular infestation, the construction/condition of your furnishings, your skill in application, or luck?

We don't have a lot of discussion of comparative benefits of one product in a class over another (though we have some). Most go more like "The PCO sprayed, X it's been working", "the PCO applied Y, it's not working", or "The PCO applied Z all over my floor and mattress, what do I do now?" Most of us are not savvy enough to get into this detail.

In any case, thanks for highlighting your use of this product (I'd heard of it, but did not realize it combined two classes of insecticide).

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)
  14. Outlander-AZ

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 22 2011 13:09:22
    #

Login to Send PM

cilecto - 12 minutes ago  » 
    A few thoughts:
    By "strongest dilution" does that mean the highest concentration of active ingredient to water or the strongest concentration of water to active ingredient?
    Temprid sounds promising, as it combines beta-cyfluthrin (a pyrethroid, typical of many current insecticides used against BB) with imacycloprid (a neo-nicotinoid, in a class with Phantom).
    That said, those of us who are non-scientists (self included) can't reliably pinpoint how a product like this will work in any particular case but "our own". Did your bugs die because of the Temprid or because of the things you applied before, with Temprid applying the coup-de-grace? Was it the nature of your particular infestation, the construction/condition of your furnishings, your skill in application, or luck?
    We don't have a lot of discussion of comparative benefits of one product in a class over another (though we have some). Most go more like "The PCO sprayed, X it's been working", "the PCO applied Y, it's not working", or "The PCO applied Z all over my floor and mattress, what do I do now?" Most of us are not savvy enough to get into this detail.
    In any case, thanks for highlighting your use of this product (I'd heard of it, but did not realize it combined two classes of insecticide).

I guess there are many variables to consider. But I did test against one bug in a clean glass bowl with only a light residual of temprid in it and it killed. I can also tell you I pit one of these bugs on carpet with a heavy residual of suspend and covered him with a heavy glass bowl. I came back 4+ hours later and he was unfased and lived for days with no ill effect. I just want people to know that it worked for me and might hopefully work for them.

15. thecitymusthelp

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 22 2011 18:44:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for sharing this! It's nice to know that people will share information like this to help others.

16. NoteToSelfPleaseRemainCalm

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Aug 23 2011 4:44:27
    #

Login to Send PM

This review was posted on Aug. 9th on domyownpestcontrol -

"I used Suspend for Weeks on my bed bug problem. It helped and killed some but wasn't really doing the job I needed. I tested the suspend directly on some of my bugs and realized it was very slow to act or even if directly prayed still did not work at all. After consulting with the Bayer Rep I bought the Temprid and all I can say was WOW this stuff killed the bedbugs residually and immediately Overnight it was like my problem was gone and I still find one or two dead under the bed every few days as they try to make their way out for a meal. I think they are all gone now and all I can say is Temprid all the way." - Rick

Obviously this sounded very promising so I went to buy it but the above review sounds too much like "Outlander-AZ" and I find it hard to believe that anyone who had bed bugs would say things like "immediately Overnight it was like my problem was gone" since most of us know one night doesn't mean much. Also how many of us would think "bed bugs were are all gone" if we were still finding "one or two dead under the bed every few days". If anything that means that are NOT all gone but fortunately still dying off.

I think being on these forums we get a feel if someone is being sincere and genuine and to me it sounds like instead of talking to a "rep from Bayer" Outlander-AZ might be the the rep from Bayer.

Outlander-AZ if you are not the rep then forgive me and thank you for sharing but something just doesn't sound genuine about either of your posts (I have to assume you also wrote the review on domyownpestcontrol as Rick) so I'm going to pass on the product until more people confirm that Temprid SC also helped them rid their home of bed bugs.

17. thecitymusthelp

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Aug 23 2011 7:17:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Dang it! I was hoping that this was going to be the thing that rid us of these evil creatures........then I also realized that they do not ship to NYC, double dang it!

note to self.....jeez, i still cant figure out what you said to spark that rant on your other reply post.....omg some people can make something out of nothing. Under my user name click on junior member then look at my second post contact your congressman......

18. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Aug 23 2011 8:51:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Suspend is also made by Bayer. Why would a sales rep bash one of their products over another?

It contains Deltamethrin which there is wide resistance to in BBs. I wouldn't use any deltamethrin against BBs.

Tempo dust contains Cyfluthrin and was the best dust in University of Kentucky test a few years ago. 100% mortality in 24 hours where Delta dust, in one population, was far slower and one population never got 100% kill. Drione and Mothers Earth DE got 100% over time also.

Not surprising that Temprid would be highly effective.

Jim

19. Outlander-AZ

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Aug 23 2011 12:07:30
    #

Login to Send PM

spideyjg - 2 hours ago  » 
    Suspend is also made by Bayer. Why would a sales rep bash one of their products over another?
    It contains Deltamethrin which there is wide resistance to in BBs. I wouldn't use any deltamethrin against BBs.
    Tempo dust contains Cyfluthrin and was the best dust in University of Kentucky test a few years ago. 100% mortality in 24 hours where Delta dust, in one population, was far slower and one population never got 100% kill. Drione and Mothers Earth DE got 100% over time also.
    Not surprising that Temprid would be highly effective.
    Jim

First off I do not work for bayer. I work At a nuclear plant. I contacted bayer on my own because I had bought the suspend sc prior to actually knowing what I was fighting and I was having very dismal results. The rep didn't bash the product I never bashed the product I only explained it wasn't working the way I had hoped. He acknowledged its possible poor performance against resistant bugs. We talked about some of the combinations of things that I had been refered to try. He then told me he wouldn't do any of it and he would use temprid. I talked with the local sales guys a few more times and him a few more times. I decided to try the temprid. No one had really been using it. The store had only one bottle on the shelf because they just weren't bringing it in. I bought it and used it and compared to the suspend it was amazing to me. There were plenty of dead bugs and the places I could go looking before and find live ones had dead ones. If you had bed bugs and don't use it I don't care keep your bugs. But if your bugs respond like my did you will see a big difference in a short amount of time. Also yesterday I shot off an email to Dr.potter asking if he had done any testing with temprid yet I explained my use and and he told me his results are right inline with my results and the pco pros he has heard from have said the same. If you don't want to use it then don't. If your fighting a losing battle with these bugs and don't try it well I can't help you I did my part to try to use word of mouth to spread news about a product that worked for me.

20. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Aug 23 2011 13:18:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Outlander, I think Spidey was writing in support of you.

21. Outlander-AZ

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Aug 23 2011 13:28:29
    #

Login to Send PM

cilecto - 6 minutes ago  » 
    Outlander, I think Spidey was writing in support of you.

I know he was my response just didn't come out right in that respect. I understand setting like this have all kinds of people. Some more apprehensive than others and some that list where their shorts too tight....its all good.

22. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Aug 23 2011 13:38:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Outlander-AZ - 8 minutes ago  » 

I know he was my response just didn't come out right in that respect. I understand setting like this have all kinds of people. Some more apprehensive than others and some that list where their shorts too tight....its all good.

Well, sites like this also attract a lot of people who try to BS us into thinking they are happy customers when they're actually affiliated with companies making or selling the product. As the admin, I catch people doing this all the time.

I hear you saying you're not one, and that's cool. I appreciate you sharing your experience.

But try to understand where the skepticism is coming from -- it's legitimate.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  23. Outlander-AZ

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Aug 23 2011 13:47:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugsonme - 1 minute ago  » 

Outlander-AZ - 8 minutes ago  » 
    I know he was my response just didn't come out right in that respect. I understand setting like this have all kinds of peoplte. Some more apprehensive than others and some that list where their shorts too tight....its all good.

Well, sites like this also attract a lot of people who try to BS us into thinking they are happy customers when they're actually affiliated with companies making or selling the product. As the admin, I catch people doing this all the time.
    I hear you saying you're not one, and that's cool. I appreciate you sharing your experience.
    But try to understand where the skepticism is coming from -- it's legitimate.

First let me say that auto correct on this phone can be a pita sometimes. And yes I can understand the apprehension but how can you really ever know. In this case if there is another member of this board within say 500 miles of me in phx and needs to get rid of bedbugs let me know I will bring you some of my temprid. You can use it and post your findings. I only offer this because I don't think I need this whole bottle and i am more than happy to give away some to someone in the same battle if I could drive it to you.

24. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Aug 23 2011 14:12:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Outlander-AZ - 22 minutes ago  » 
    And yes I can understand the apprehension but how can you really ever know.

I guarantee you in many cases I can easily verify it. However, I am not going to say how because I don't want to tip these folks off.

In your case, it would be impossible to tell.

25. NoteToSelfPleaseRemainCalm

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Aug 23 2011 18:21:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Outlander AZ,

I apologize for questioning your honesty and I will look into purchasing Temprid next if I do not see positive results with Phantom (applied a week ago). Thank you for posting here and sharing your experience with Temprid so the rest of us suffering can look into it.

Yesterday was the 15th day I went without seeing a bed bug but I can not post hear and declare Phantom worked for me because it is still too early to tell.

I will say THREE treatments using Suspend and I was still seeing them so I think that product did very little if anything to help eradicate them and would never recommend it to anyone.

26. NoteToSelfPleaseRemainCalm

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Aug 23 2011 19:26:23
    #

Login to Send PM

thecitymusthelp - 12 hours ago  » Under my user name click on junior member then look at my second post contact your congressman......

Thank you. Will check it out now.

27. Outlander-AZ

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Aug 23 2011 19:30:12
    #

Login to Send PM

NoteToSelfPleaseRemainCalm - 1 hour ago  » 
    Outlander AZ,
    I apologize for questioning your honesty and I will look into purchasing Temprid next if I do not see positive results with Phantom (applied a week ago). Thank you for posting here and sharing your experience with Temprid so the rest of us suffering can look into it.
    Yesterday was the 15th day I went without seeing a bed bug but I can not post hear and declare Phantom worked for me because it is still too early to tell.

I will say THREE treatments using Suspend and I was still seeing them so I think that product did very little if anything to help eradicate them and would never recommend it to anyone.

I also almost chose to use the phantom. It was also mentioned to me by the bayer rep as one of the only options for really controlling the bugs but the downfall with that was the time involved in killing the bugs. I was told the temprid would have a much faster effect and I believe it did. Not to mention the temprid contains the best of 2 worlds of incecticides. Hope it all helps someone.

28. NoteToSelfPleaseRemainCalm

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Aug 23 2011 21:43:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Outlander-AZ - 1 hour ago  » 
    I also almost chose to use the phantom. It was also mentioned to me by the bayer rep as one of the only options for really controlling the bugs but the downfall with that was the time involved in killing the bugs. I was told the temprid would have a much faster effect and I believe it did. Not to mention the temprid contains the best of 2 worlds of incecticides. Hope it all helps someone.

This is also my worry using Phantom. I read the kill rate is 100% and the residual last up to 4 weeks so I'm hoping that within that 4 wks it will kill any and all adults, nymphs and newly hatched nymphs.

I wish you had posted this just a week sooner! I ordered Demand CS in case the Phantom didn't kill them all but had I read this sooner I would have bought the Temprid. Temprid is twice as much as Demand and I can't help but to think sometimes we really do get what we pay for.

I often read on these forums how it's not the chemical used but how it's used but I think we can all agree some chemicals are going to work better than others. I went with Demand CS only because KillerQueen said he used it on first treatment (and because of reviews I read online) but now I realize KillerQueen works in NYC and Temprid only became legal to use here in May of this year so Demand might still be his and a lot of PCO's choice only because Temprid hasn't been available very long.

Maybe I will luck out and not need to use anything else but sadly a few hours ago I checked my bed frame and found a very tiny fecal stain so I now KNOW one is still alive (if not more, hopefully not many more). The bed frame was treated with Phantom so I hope it dies just HATE thinking how long it will take for it to die.

29. Outlander-AZ

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Aug 25 2011 19:55:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Last night I decided to dig deeper into my bed which is where I have seen all of my bugs. I have a tempurpedic ADJUSTABLE bed so I had already removed the dust cover weeks ago while spraying. this bed has all kinds of folds and mechanics underneath it probably worse than your average box spring. I actually pulled staples and pulled back material and foam so I could look deeper into the support mattress. I found no live bugs I found many dozens and dozens of dead bugs and many many tiny ones dead as well. Even deep withing the bed. So it was just another plus in my fight against this invader. My only real question now is where else in my place they might be hold up that I havnt found. I have sprayed strategically most everywhere but I know these are sneaky hard to find them all little buggers but for now I seem to be rid of them and I'm not getting bit anymore.

30. throwaway171

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Sep 7 2011 20:40:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Is the product called temprid or temprid sc? I see a Temprid SC Insecticide 400ml that I can order for around $100.

31. Outlander-AZ

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Sep 7 2011 20:45:22
    #

Login to Send PM

throwaway171 - 1 minute ago  » 
    Is the product called temprid or temprid sc? I see a Temprid SC Insecticide 400ml that I can order for around $100.

That would be the stuff with the SC. Good luck I have had more good results at my buddies using it recently. Seems to work for the resistant Arizona bugs quite well. Is like to hear how its working in New York.

32. throwaway171

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Sep 16 2011 18:03:54
    #

Login to Send PM

That would be the stuff with the SC. Good luck I have had more good results at my buddies using it recently. Seems to work for the resistant Arizona bugs quite well. Is like to hear how its working in New York.

Hey so it was delivered this week I was too busy to apply it, will do it tonight. I have a few questions, I plan on mixing it in a regular spray bottle is that ok? also I vacuumed up all the diamtimacious earth powder I layed out so whatever critters I have left would be more inclined to crawl over the Temprid SC, does that sound good or should I use it in conjunction with the DE?

I read the instructions, I plan on spraying it in the perimeters of my apt, around legs of furniture, perimeter of the window, and cracks and crevaces of my bedframe/ head board.

Please advise if I am mistaken, thanks, and I will follow up with you.

33. trash-aint-treasure

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Dec 13 2011 23:45:19
    #

Login to Send PM

What is the difference between temprid and temprid sc?

34. mcb00

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Feb 10 2012 21:45:33
    #

Login to Send PM

The PCO sprayed Temprid in my apt. So far so good. They said 3 treatment 7-10 days apart are necessary because the eggs may hatch after the treatment.

It's only been a week and my neighbors are infested so it will be hard to tell how effective it was but I'll keep you posted. He sprayed 3-4 parts of Temprid SC 0.06% each treatment along with Bedlam.

35. Outlander-AZ

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Apr 15 2012 18:26:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Still Very BUG FREE.....THATS ALL!

36. omgwthnow

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Jul 14 2012 1:49:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Outlander AZ I would be more than happy to take it off of your hands and back you up. My fiance passed last year so I'm totally broke and fresh from the hospital, so it seems everything is a struggle lol. Anyway if you did that would be amazingly serendipitous if not where did you get it? I am in east mesa. Thanks!!!

37. NorthEast

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Jul 16 2012 7:53:19
    #

Login to Send PM

I have used Temprid SC since the winter of 2009 when it recieved its supplemental label for bed bugs. In my opinion it is the mose effective insecticide available for bed bug elimination. I am not a rep for Bayer. What makes the difference is the true synergy between the pyrethroid and the neonicotinoid. Again, I have no financial interest in endorsing this product.

It is also important to remember that a multifaceted approach is still required for successful bed bug elimination.

38. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Jul 16 2012 12:08:20
    #

Login to Send PM

NorthEast - 4 hours ago  » 
    I have used Temprid SC since the winter of 2009 when it recieved its supplemental label for bed bugs. In my opinion it is the mose effective insecticide available for bed bug elimination. I am not a rep for Bayer. What makes the difference is the true synergy between the pyrethroid and the neonicotinoid. Again, I have no financial interest in endorsing this product.
    It is also important to remember that a multifaceted approach is still required for successful bed bug elimination.

NorthEast,

Am I correct in thinking you are a licensed pest management professional?

If so, this seems relevant here.

39. NorthEast

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Jul 17 2012 9:29:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, nobugsonme. I have been licensed for 15 years and a co-owner of a pest control company. I don't advertise it on this site because I am not here trying to sell services, I am simply just someone who is really into bed bugs.

40. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Jul 17 2012 9:46:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Note to all:

Temprid SC is amongst the products I recommend on a daily basis to my clients for bed bug control.

It is an effective product however, even an effective product is of limited value if not applied properly and in a thorough fashion !

PLEASE REMEMBER, that how a product is used can be much more important than which product is used ! ! !

Hope this helps ! paul b.

41. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Jul 17 2012 9:48:45
    #

Login to Send PM

That was kind of what I was getting at. This may be a useful product but most people
    probably don't have the knowledge to do a good job of DIY treatment.

42. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Jul 17 2012 10:08:05
    #

Login to Send PM

This may be so however, as they say: It ain't rocket science !

Given proper instruction and guidance able bodied individuals who can learn, follow instructions and have a willingness to work can be successful if due to a variety of reasons find themselves in the DIY mode.

These may be the very people that need our help most.

Certainly we wish to avoid having people misuse pesticides in their homes when those of us who can provide suitable counsel can help to prevent this from happening.

Hope this helps ! paul b.

43. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Jul 17 2012 10:42:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Paul, I was agreeing with your previous post.

This thread has turned into reviews of a fabulous bed bug spray everyone should use, and this warrants a bit of caution. Most people don't already bring with them the needed knowledge for treating bed bugs when they find a thread like this.

44. NorthEast

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Jul 17 2012 10:59:32
    #

Login to Send PM

My review was only that I believe temprid is an excellent product for bed bugs. I want to say that I don't think people without an applicators license should be using this product. Where I live you must go through a distributor to get a product like temprid and the distributor will only sell to a company, anyways let me put it this way

Where I live people love to go deer hunting. You can have the best rifle around, if you don't know anything about deer or how to use your rifle you will probably not be successful.

45. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Jul 17 2012 11:15:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, NorthEast! Hunting seems like a good analogy.

46. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Jul 17 2012 12:14:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Maybe not hunting. Any yahoo that can aim a rifle, pull a trigger and has a deer walk into range can be successful a filling his freezer. Getting a trophy buck is another story.

However, whether pest remediation or deer hunting, anyone willing to learn can acquire the knowledge and skills to be effective given adequate effort.

pb

47. Hollywud710

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Aug 26 2018 18:27:47
    #

Login to Send PM

I work and live in an apartment complex in Mesa we've had attached bed bug problem we bought heat treatment but that takes time and people can't afford to go into hotels we were using Brand X will call it spray with little results so I did some research online and ordered some temprid FX since then we've had less calls on bedbugs what down to almost zero the stuff works I don't care what anybody says Outlander has it right it kills on contact for the most part and leaves residual I've been using it for the last 6 months I'm not a representative I'm a maintenance man in apartment complex we have 84 units and the only reason we have the small problem we have now is people don't report when they have them so we don't find out till they move out that being said temprid FX is all use it works it works good and to that question about whether it works around pets it is pet friendly it's fine just use it as directed don't overshoot it on things like the top of your mattress or tops the couches it's color safe fabric safe the stuff works I won't use anything else anymore and again I am not a representative I'm a lonely apartment maintenance guy that got tired of getting resident bit up and again after a lot of research online I found temprid FX that's all I'll ever use and yes I was using the suspend prior to the temprid and no I'm not bashing what it could be used for I'm just saying does not do a damn thing for bed bugs at least not the ones in this complex so yes I'm kind of bashing it I'm behind you Outlander spread the word

48. Hollywud710

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Aug 26 2018 18:28:40
    #

Login to Send PM

I work and live in an apartment complex in Mesa we've had attached bed bug problem we bought heat treatment but that takes time and people can't afford to go into hotels we were using Brand X will call it spray with little results so I did some research online and ordered some temprid FX since then we've had less calls on bedbugs what down to almost zero the stuff works I don't care what anybody says Outlander has it right it kills on contact for the most part and leaves residual I've been using it for the last 6 months I'm not a representative I'm a maintenance man in apartment complex we have 84 units and the only reason we have the small problem we have now is people don't report when they have them so we don't find out till they move out that being said temprid FX is all use it works it works good and to that question about whether it works around pets it is pet friendly it's fine just use it as directed don't overshoot it on things like the top of your mattress or tops the couches it's color safe fabric safe the stuff works I won't use anything else anymore and again I am not a representative I'm a lonely apartment maintenance guy that got tired of getting resident bit up and again after a lot of research online I found temprid FX that's all I'll ever use and yes I was using the suspend prior to the temprid and no I'm not bashing what it could be used for I'm just saying does not do a damn thing for bed bugs at least not the ones in this complex so yes I'm kind of bashing it I'm behind you Outlander spread the word

49. TerriblyBugged

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Aug 27 2018 20:34:25
    #

Login to Send PM

I just check my MSD sheets from my PCO and one of the poisons listed was Temprid. Amazing results! In two weeks my bugs are gone.

My house still smells like new carpet.

50. TerriblyBugged

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Aug 27 2018 20:34:25
    #

Login to Send PM

I just check my MSD sheets from my PCO and one of the poisons listed was Temprid. Amazing results! In two weeks my bugs are gone.

My house still smells like new carpet.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,804 posts in 49,552 topics over 153 months by 21,709 of 22,154 members. Latest: Jcschw, Zirrion, Natureboy325