Bedbugs, Fleas or Something Else?

(3 posts)
  1. lovelybug29

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Dec 21 2015 3:32:33
    #

Login to Send PM

I live in Jacksonville, FL and my brother visited from NY and brought a bed bug into my house. I found one bug on October 26th to be exact after his personal bag was in my home for maybe 12 hrs. He left at the same time and we didn't experience any bites until 2 weeks ago. My son has had several itchy lump-like bites on his scalp, one on his forehead, severalon his arm and one on his leg. My daughter has also had a couple bites and now I have a few on my arms. There is no particular pattern that I've noticed, they have been randomly placed and they resemble mosquito bites. Also, they seem to disappear after a few hrs to a couple days. I am also experiencing a flea infestation right now but the bites don't look like flea bites. Is it possible to be infested with bb and not get bitten until almost 2 mos later or is this something else?

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Dec 21 2015 15:01:39
    #

Login to Send PM

It's possible to be bitten by bed bugs and not react at first.

You can't diagnose bed bugs based on skin reactions. However, since one was found after the visit, you might want to get your home professionally inspected.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Dec 21 2015 17:48:38
    #

Login to Send PM

lovelybug29 - 14 hours ago  » 
    I live in Jacksonville, FL and my brother visited from NY and brought a bed bug into my house. I found one bug on October 26th to be exact after his personal bag was in my home for maybe 12 hrs. He left at the same time and we didn't experience any bites until 2 weeks ago. My son has had several itchy lump-like bites on his scalp, one on his forehead, severalon his arm and one on his leg. My daughter has also had a couple bites and now I have a few on my arms. There is no particular pattern that I've noticed, they have been randomly placed and they resemble mosquito bites. Also, they seem to disappear after a few hrs to a couple days. I am also experiencing a flea infestation right now but the bites don't look like flea bites. Is it possible to be infested with bb and not get bitten until almost 2 mos later or is this something else?

You should leave some type of bed bug monitors out in your home to see if you capture any. Glue boards, climb up monitors, cardboard type, etc. Sometimes other insects and mites could also get into these and you could capture them, too. Does your brother actually have a bed bug problem? You could be experiencing a mixture of different bites from different insects, too.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

281,557 posts in 46,824 topics over 143 months by 20,659 of 21,556 members. Latest: DoIHaveBB, Dread Bugs, gbbedbug