Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

bedbugs confirmed! Special case HOST ?

(6 posts)
  1. sistabelle

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Jul 14 2008 12:56:00
    #

Login to Send PM

I brought back BB's from a camping trip. Left all clothes, blankets, stuff outside.
    Joined the forum last night getting info and this a.m. I went to see if any answers and there were black dots on the insode of my laptop. I looked at them with a photographers magnifyer AND< yep!!! They were in my computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I took the findings to my vet who was checking my dog anyway and confirmed they were bed bugs. I didn't have bags that big so I wrapped it up in 5 layers of Saran wrap. just to keep them in there until I find out what to do to get them out!

When I came back from the vets, I looked again on the outside of the wrap and could see more that had come out and died in the wrap! I also believe there was an egg sack.

Since I didn't have them until this happened, do
    i still need to go all the way in treating like the professional bug killer? I am cleaning, vacumning, throwing the stuff away as I collect from the area.

What do I clean all of the surfaces with that my laptop sat on?
    I called the health department and they told me that there is a HOST PERSON< and that they can stay on them and travel wherever they want. If I shower, wash hair, put on new clothes, can I still have a bed bug on me???

Since they were in my computer, my camera was right beside it so I would guess they got in there too. I can't afford to throw all this stuff away!!!

My grand daughter was the only one biten and she would have 3 or 4 each morning. I figured it was a light infestation, but now since they are in my computer and stuff. and found lots of dead ones on the sheets I had washed, could it be an extremely bad case, resulting in hundreds in my stuff????

I also read that bedbugs don't die outside and all of my suitcases, blankets, clothes that are waiting to be washed are only about 4 feet from the back door. (husband did that one)

I'm freaking out here!

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Jul 14 2008 13:03:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Just a quick one, Bed Bugs don't have egg sacks. They lay small eggs that are lozenge in shape about 1mm by 2mm in length. When there is a Bed Bug inside the eggs is a honey amber colour and will turn pearlescent white when hatched.

I appreciate that you vet may be a really informed person but you need to get samples identified by someone who is definately qualified to do so. Check the FAQ's for information on identification services that entomologists offer.

David

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. sistabelle

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Jul 14 2008 13:31:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, David. When I said egg sacks. I meam they look like the photos I have seen on this and other sites. I am sick to my stomach! few more questions,

are businesses responsible for the monetary loss of belongings that have to be thrown away or for the treatment and professional bug person?

Alos, how do you get them out of your car?

4. nightshirt

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Jul 14 2008 15:50:32
    #

Login to Send PM

wow. if you just got back from campig and thought you brought them with you from there they aure multiplied fast! you really have to do all the protocol required to rid yourself of them. your grandaughter may be the only person in your household reacting to the bites but you could all be being bitten. hunker down and get yourself an educated PCO ASAP. you should know the answers to the questions you will ask the PCO before calling one. then you will know for sure if they are qualified.

5. fightorflight

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Jul 16 2008 5:06:05
    #

Login to Send PM

> I called the health department and they told me that there is a HOST PERSON< and that they can stay on them and travel wherever they want. If I shower, wash hair, put on new clothes, can I still have a bed bug on me???

The person you spoke to at the health department is completely uninformed. This is what bedbugs DO NOT do. They do not prefer to live on a host creature, unlike (I think) parasites such as lice, scabies, etc. They travel to a warm-blooded mammal to feed and then try to find a way back to a stationary, dark home. They make mistakes and get desperate, but they (very) rarely harbor on humans or pets.

So most (the vast majority?) of the time, if you soap, shower and put on quarantined/BB-free clothes & shoes, you will not be traveling around with bedbugs.

6. fightorflight

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Jul 16 2008 5:08:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay, I take back the warm blooded mammal part. I have no idea about that. But the fauna has to have blood or else BBs will be completely disinterested.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

286,253 posts in 47,652 topics over 147 months by 21,005 of 21,326 members. Latest: scaredincanada, BleuRoses, mab1017