Bedbugs confirmed. Next steps?

(4 posts)
  1. audiojunky

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Jul 11 2012 16:07:43
    #

Login to Send PM

So I've confirmed bedbugs in this place via bug ID here. Notified the landlord, just waiting on the PCO to come verify the bedbug in the bag.

My current urge is to go crazy, clean like a madman, turn the place upside down, etc... but my experience with this in the past is that I should not do that so the PCO has a better chance of finding signs.

What CAN I do right now to deal with this? I'm scared now to sit on the couch where I found them under, and I'm washing dirty clothes.

Thank you.

2. Steve60901

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Jul 11 2012 16:14:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Same boat, I await someone's answer. btw I did clean like a mad man lmfao. i cleared an entire room of its furniture (A box spring mattress futon and couch are all in the alley) of coarse that was before i started reading lool.

3. AshamedandScratching

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Jul 11 2012 16:39:32
    #

Login to Send PM

What I did was start to clean the areas furtherest away from the infestation and slowly move into the area. I also started with laudering sheets and clothing that were nearer the infestation. I left the immediate area of the bed alone. Since I lived in a studio, my entire living space was possibly infested. The idea being that I would stop if I disturbed anything. De-cluttering at the beginning did help me deal with the treatments.

What I didn't do: Anything to the immediate area of the bed. Even left my fitted sheet alone.

ETA: I didn't do this becuase I was instructed to. I did this because I needed to start to do something. I also read this site and the FAQ over and over again. Spent a lot of time googling info on this site to prepare myself.

4. nisha86

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Jul 14 2012 17:58:00
    #

Login to Send PM

I was EXACTLY the same way! We moved into a house and believe bugs were in the carpet in a room before we moved in and migrated into the mattress and bed frame. Once we found out I first collected samples of what I found adult bed bug, nymphs, and skin sheds for PCO to see. I left the mattress and bed frame in the room. It was confirmed we had bed bugs O_O. PCO said to throw out mattress and frame, we went to local dump told them it had bedbugs. Then started the process bagged everything. Books, clothes, toys, stuff animals, blankets, shoes etc.I live in the southwest so we put everything in black bags on the roof. Bedbugs die at about 120°. After we washed clothes in hot water, dried hottest air. Vacuum daily!! Empty out vacuum after each room, bag dirt and immediately take it outside don't leave dirt in vacuum they can crawl out. Put mattresses and boxsprings, pillows in encasements, pull beds away from walls. We also bagged the clothes we washed basically lived out of bags lol. Got our house sprayed every 2 weeks. I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel I have cried over this it has been very stressful, keeping up with upkeep but it ll be worth it sorry so long just sharing what I did excuse typos doing this from my phone lol

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,399 posts in 50,188 topics over 156 months by 21,933 of 22,434 members. Latest: Kimmmie46, esedndwi, Help123