Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Resources

BedBugRegistry.com site is dead - what to use now?

(3 posts)
  1. grinanberit

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Aug 25 2017 22:05:23
    #

Login to Send PM

The BedBugRegistry.com site is dead (latest "recent" posts are dated 2016 and entering hotel name + city-state returns a null screen; multiple attempts to contact site owner went unanswered). Does anyone know of a good site to check to see if hotels have had any bed bug infestations? I've been using tripadvisor and searching reviews for "bug". Any other site I should try?

2. BuggingOutInBK

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Aug 26 2017 8:43:18
    #

Login to Send PM

I would also like to know about an alternative to the fabled BB Registry

Just another Brooklyn resident battling bed bugs
  3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Aug 26 2017 22:04:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Personally, I use TripAdvisor and search for mentions of bugs as you do.

Remember, any hotel can have bed bug complaints. I personally become concerned if there are multiple ones recently or over a period of time which suggests they haven't dealt with the problem. I also look at how the management responds to any complaints (on TripAdvsior) as this can be telling in terms of how on top of things they are. I wouldn't skip a well-reviewed hotel with one complaint, but I would pay attention to the nature of the complaint (how bad was it) and if there was a Manager's response to the post which impressed me, or didn't.

Note that while the Bed Bug Registry may be less active or inactive or even malfunctioning, it's not likely that such a registry can ever be a super valuable and up to date tool. Most hotel visitors don't know about it so don't report to it. (And reports on residences are even more spotty because people won't report a home they own, and tenants may not know to report a rental or may fear to.). There is no comparable service and a competitor isn't likely to do better for the reasons noted.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,668 posts in 48,867 topics over 151 months by 21,454 of 21,857 members. Latest: frejohansen, Bedbugs47, Ccronk22@gmail.com