Bedbugregistry.com

(7 posts)
  1. picturegif

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Mar 19 2012 20:56:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi I posted on bedbugregistry.com that my landlord did not help me in the past and now I wanted to update that they are totally renovating the house because the problem was so bad. I have sent numerous emails to bedbug registry and posted a new post on the same address and to no avail. They do not reply and do not update the site.
    My Landlord is willing to compensate me and has asked me to eliminate the post. Does anyone know if they are still in operation also how I can reach them besides email.

The information I have from whois.is is;

[deleted]

I am in NY do I have to go through such a hassle to remove or update this post?

I am open to any ideas and I would appreciate any help with this matter.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Mar 19 2012 22:23:56
    #

Login to Send PM

I saw the "support" email on the main pages of the site. I suggest writing instead to the "reports" email linked on this page:

http://bedbugregistry.com/guidelines/#disputes

It may take a while for support requests to go through, but it is likely that disputed reports are given priority (for good reason).

You are pretty much disputing your own report so this does not seem inappropriate.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Mar 19 2012 22:28:15
    #

Login to Send PM

By the way, I hope you don't mind, but I deleted the Whois info. Anyone can look it up but it's the kind of thing which can change in future and I don't think people necessarily want their phone numbers and addresses archived.

4. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Mar 20 2012 9:30:55
    #

Login to Send PM

I once emailed Maciej (creator of the registry) and it took a while for a response. He's a "serial internet entrepreneur" of some note and the registry is one of his many projects.

What's the LL doing for you (or threatening you with) that you are retracting your post?

If a situation was bad, but has since been remediated, a reasonable approach on the registry is to add a second post with the follow-up story. You or your landlord can do it. Some property owners have gone as far as putting up a proactive post about their properties, how they deal with BB and whom to contact with questions.

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)
  5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Mar 20 2012 13:29:05
    #

Login to Send PM

I agree with Ci. As a prospective tenant, a follow-up about a solved problem from another tenant would probably inspire more confidence in me than a building with no listings. You can't avoid bed bugs but who wouldn't want a responsive landlord?

6. Jenn28

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Mar 23 2012 11:11:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Does anyone know how to get a post removed from the registry? The company I work for manages a building that had an infestation in 2008 and the one post put on there by a tenant at that time is still up. There have been no problems since then and the President of the Board of Directors of the building would like to see it removed. Any ideas?

7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Mar 24 2012 0:10:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Jenn28 - 12 hours ago  » 
    Does anyone know how to get a post removed from the registry? The company I work for manages a building that had an infestation in 2008 and the one post put on there by a tenant at that time is still up. There have been no problems since then and the President of the Board of Directors of the building would like to see it removed. Any ideas?

Jenn,

Please see my first post above which explains how to send an email disputing a report. This is more or less the same thing.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,552 posts in 49,285 topics over 152 months by 21,598 of 22,023 members. Latest: TW20, MyAccountHere, eldina714