(3 posts)
  1. Neeka

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Jan 21 2017 3:32:59
    #

Login to Send PM

HELP! Going crazy.

Last Friday I woke up to A few small, bites around my body. My BF who had just come back from vacation from Mexico slept over that Friday night and later Saturday started noticing some bites on his body. Slept over again Saturday, and on Sunday noticed a definitive increase in bites. Some bites are small and close to each other...but no more than 2-3 in a line. Other bites are randomly spread out throughout body. My BF slept with shirtless one night and a tank top on another night. I, however, slept in a thin thermal--all my bites are on areas of my body that was not exposed.

We both usually fall asleep on the living room couch til about 1 or 2am and then go to bed later.

I've searched and searched for evidence for bedbugs and have not found anything:( Monday morning my BF and I saw a suuuuper tiny brown-ish bug crawling slowly on my down comforter. It wouldn't have been any bigger than a bed bug nymph, but it wasn't translucent. We smashed it and it left a tiny blood stain. He was sure it was a bedbug but I have yet to find more "evidence".

Grabbed all bedding, pillows, etc and washed. My box spring was old and just had so many hiding spots for critters so I ended up just tossing it. I'm worried though, that in the process of moving my mattresses and box spring around, I might've disrupted them and worried that they might've moved elsewhere.

Last night as I was moving some things around I noticed another same tiny, brownish bug around a stack of drawing paper I had on the floor at the edge of my bed. As I kept looking, I noticed even smaller translucent bugs crawling all over the place. About 1/3 the size of the brownish ones. This stack of paper and my bed are close to my window, and there I found a whole lot more. They were on my blinds and walking around the edges of my window. I grabbed tape and got a bunch of both bugs.

I noticed a couple spiders living in my window sill and a handful of dried dead bugs caught in old webs. I thought at first that these might be psocids, but they don't have a "neck"....or at least not that I can see. Even though I grabbed some on tape, it's hard to see the body. Any suggestions?

Anyway, I have a dresser next to this window and discovered one small brown bug in it.... I found these bugs crawling around 11pm, saw two more of the brown tiny ones this morning. The smaller, translucent ones still show up randomly...I usually see them on pieces of paper I have on dresser or window sill again.

I smashed a bunch of the brownish ones against white paper through the tape...and they all "popped" when I smashed them and spurted out blood. Some darker than others...and this is what got me confused again because if they were psocids, they wouldn't have been feeding on us right? Would that blood just been their own? Also it seemed there was a "she'll" on these bugs...didn't just get smushed like a slug. Through the tape, it felt like grains of salt or pepper.

Anyway, I'm going insane. I though that these could be flea bites too since my sisters little dog had fleas and is often on the couch. But the bites are all over body.

Please advise!!

I havent been able to sleep and really just want to know what this is. I'm REALLY scared that they are Bird Mites.... I don't know of any bird or rodent infestations around the house:(

http://imgur.com/a/pBeDo

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Jan 21 2017 7:49:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

OK it's not bed bugs in the image.

It appears to be mites, possibly bird mites but the resolution and focus of the image is not good enough to be 100%.

If you check out the list no below and the PDF associated with it you will see images that are clear and in focus that you can compare with.

http://www.bed-bugs.co.uk/birdmites.html

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Jan 21 2017 16:42:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Certainly looks like parasitic mesostigmatic mites, but could be rodent associated or bird associated species. Do you know of any mouse or rat issues? Know of any bird issues such as nesting on the windows, A/C window units, nests elsewhere?

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

272,350 posts in 44,492 topics over 135 months by 19,507 of 20,186 members. Latest: SBbluebed, Panic-in-my-bedroom, Fighterme