Bedbug or cockrooach maybe? [a: weevil and isopod]

(8 posts)
  1. Jagg

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Sep 15 2016 21:32:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi I've had my carpets redone recently. And as I was at the toilet I noticed 2 of these dried off and died behind the toilet bowl tile floor. They died stomach facing up on the tiles. Thanks on advance

https://s14.postimg.org/s2q7wpysx/image.jpg
    https://s14.postimg.org/n5cnblwtt/image.jpg

2. misery

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Sep 15 2016 21:40:44
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm not a professional. My best advice would be to google weevils and pillbugs and see how they look next to your pictures though, and I think you'll be a bit more relaxed.

Not a pro here. Call me Jon Snow...... for I know nothing, except what I've experienced.
  3. misery

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Sep 15 2016 21:41:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Not sure it's either of those things but it's definitely closer than to a bedbug IMO.

4. HobartPest

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Sep 15 2016 22:22:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I think it's a beetle, beetle is part of a bug family. Judging by its appearance its more like a beetle.

Hi everyone, I'm Hugo Wentcher and If you are looking for some tips regarding pests you can kindly visit our web page at http://pesthqhobart.com.au Thanks
  5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Sep 16 2016 5:49:36
    #

Login to Send PM

HobartPest - 7 hours ago  » 
    Hi,
    I think it's a beetle, beetle is part of a bug family. Judging by its appearance its more like a beetle.

I hope you're not in pest control. A beetle has nothing to do with "a bug family". This would be the bug order, Hemiptera; it's not at the taxonomic level of family. These are not bed bugs or cockroaches.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  6. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Sep 16 2016 5:51:34
    #

Login to Send PM

misery - 8 hours ago  » 
    I'm not a professional. My best advice would be to google weevils and pillbugs and see how they look next to your pictures though, and I think you'll be a bit more relaxed.

Exactly. A weevil and an isopod. Pillbug is a certain type of isopod that can roll up into a ball. This one here can't roll up like a pillbug can.

7. Jagg

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Sep 16 2016 13:27:54
    #

Login to Send PM

wow thanks for the reassurance everyone! I feel a lot better now

8. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Sep 17 2016 7:00:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Jagg - 17 hours ago  » 
    wow thanks for the reassurance everyone! I feel a lot better now

Please compare to pictures of bed bug adults and nymphs so you won't have to worry about finding things that aren't bed bugs.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,800 posts in 49,806 topics over 154 months by 21,798 of 22,264 members. Latest: ireallydontwantbedbugs, bbinquiry_1, Smar1991