(2 posts)
  1. geegollygosh

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Jan 5 2015 10:23:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey all,

Wanted to share my success story! We moved into an apartment with what seemed like a fairly severe bedbug infestation at the beginning of the summer. After battling the bedbugs all summer with two different PCOs and 4 (maybe 5?) chemical treatments, we moved out in September and into our current place.

I was still having weird skin reactions but we weren't finding any signs of BBs. We weren't sure if we were free of bedbugs at that point, so we moved cautiously, throwing out some furniture we weren't particularly attached to (most of our furniture was super cheap and old anyway), washing all of the clothes and other fabrics in route to the new apartment, encasing our mattress and box spring and using nuvan strips on some of our other belongings (I'm NOT recommending these, necessarily, we just didn't have many other options.)

At the new place, we caulked all of the cracks in our bedroom as a precaution and kept a watchful eye out. After four months of no signs anywhere and no live bugs, I'm ready to cautiously call it a victory even though every so often I get weird itchy spots that send me back to wondering again--these seem to happen even if I'm travelling (I wash and dry everything and take other precautions just in case anytime I travel) and I've decided that I'm going to stop worrying about them in absence of other bedbug signs-- I think they're stress related and may even be old bites flaring up.

Anyway, happy to be able to relax and stop putting so much mental energy into this. best of luck to everyone!

2. scottycrew

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Jan 5 2015 10:50:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Pleasedo so pleased for you I'm living the nitemare of bugs they are in my home I've had one PCO visit next coming soon... Moving isn't an option for us due to finances I'm so down and depressed by this its encouraging that you are bug free but can I honestly get rid of them with 2 digs I'm literally at a loss xx

geegollygosh - 24 minutes ago  » 
    Hey all,
    Wanted to share my success story! We moved into an apartment with what seemed like a fairly severe bedbug infestation at the beginning of the summer. After battling the bedbugs all summer with two different PCOs and 4 (maybe 5?) chemical treatments, we moved out in September and into our current place.
    I was still having weird skin reactions but we weren't finding any signs of BBs. We weren't sure if we were free of bedbugs at that point, so we moved cautiously, throwing out some furniture we weren't particularly attached to (most of our furniture was super cheap and old anyway), washing all of the clothes and other fabrics in route to the new apartment, encasing our mattress and box spring and using nuvan strips on some of our other belongings (I'm NOT recommending these, necessarily, we just didn't have many other options.)
    At the new place, we caulked all of the cracks in our bedroom as a precaution and kept a watchful eye out. After four months of no signs anywhere and no live bugs, I'm ready to cautiously call it a victory even though every so often I get weird itchy spots that send me back to wondering again--these seem to happen even if I'm travelling (I wash and dry everything and take other precautions just in case anytime I travel) and I've decided that I'm going to stop worrying about them in absence of other bedbug signs-- I think they're stress related and may even be old bites flaring up.
    Anyway, happy to be able to relax and stop putting so much mental energy into this. best of luck to everyone!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,662 posts in 50,011 topics over 155 months by 21,869 of 22,351 members. Latest: pleasestop, paintersmelbourne, Mercy Me