(3 posts)
  1. notagain12

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Jul 6 2015 18:27:31
    #

Login to Send PM

I can't believe I'm back on this site.

My struggle with bed bugs first began 2 years ago. I was living in a cheap building which had them. I had two infestations in my time there. The first time I was treated, they didn't come back for quite a while. When I was reinfested later, I assumed it was because they were in the building. I was treated again and didn't see any bugs or bites for about 3-4 months. Then I moved this January to a bed bug free building in a much nicer neighbourhood. I got rid of all my furniture and replaced it with brand new items when I moved. I washed all clothing in hot water or had it steam cleaned, and I used a pack tite on all my books.

It's now July, and in the last few days I have found several bug bites on my legs. I immediately freaked out. My boyfriend said I was overreacting and that they were probably just mosquitos as it is summer time. However today I found three on my leg that are in that tell-tale line, and I just know it's bedbugs again. I don't know how this could happen. I was so careful and thought I did everything right. I cleaned and sanitized everything, I used heat and steam, vaccuum seal bags, and got rid of all my furniture. I feel like I'm going to have a nervous breakdown.

Is it possible that they somehow came with me and only became active 7 months later? Am I crazy? I don't even know anymore. I just want to burn everything I own and check myself into the asylum at this point. I can't stop crying.

Has anyone had them reappear many months later after treatment and moving and replacing furniture? How can I know for sure?

2. robinsmom

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Jul 6 2015 18:58:22
    #

Login to Send PM

You can't know for sure if it's even bed bugs. If you're a reactor, you will probably get more bites. But look, it's unlikely you'd have bed bugs from before.

If you're really worried, you know how to look and monitor.

Personally I'd just start using Off when I go outside to see if it's Mosquitos, given the time frame--bed bugs don't hibernate, and you said the apartment building is bed bug free, right?

I'm not an expert just a dumb struggling bed bugger like every body else.
  3. persephone86

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Jul 6 2015 19:28:18
    #

Login to Send PM

First you need to find one to know for sure that it is bedbugs. Many of the PCOs on here will tell you that bites and skin reactions can be from many things. As for them following you, I highly doubt it unless you recently opened a previously untreated box from before your move. It sounds like that is not the case. So, if it is bedbugs, I would more suspect a new infestation from someplace else. But again, you need to find an actual bug and have it professionally identified to be sure. I'd suggest getting some monitors and placing them on your couch and bed. Also seeing if your building will come in to inspect.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,308 posts in 50,168 topics over 155 months by 21,929 of 22,426 members. Latest: MaryPoppinsYall, nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo