bedbug detection

(3 posts)
  1. tmj3933

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Tue Apr 9 2019 8:38:33
    #

Login to Send PM

I just found out that my adult daughter has spent the night at a friend's house and, while there on the couch, found 7 bed bugs. I had her take the usual precautions when she came home, everything straight in the wash and stuff that can't be washed or dried left outside. I am concerned though that she has been visiting there once or twice a week for a few months now. If she's brought them in with her, they are likely in my couches (bedrooms are upstairs and no carpet downstairs), so I am not sure if interceptors will work for detection? Any advice would be so much appreciated! If she did bring them home, I want to try and catch this in the early stages.

2. SalsaVince

Posted 7 months ago
    Tue Apr 9 2019 13:07:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, that would be wise to monitor just in case. Focus on beds and lounging areas. Not sure why you mentioned the carpet. That should not affect monitoring. Look into passive monitors which can be put on the furniture and can detect an infestation much sooner than visual inspections. Interceptors worked well for me even when set next to the recliner and couch but if I had to do it over again, I would probably use the passive monitors attached to the furniture in place of or at least in addition to the interceptors laid near the furniture on the floor. Hope you don't find anything. Just a side note, not sure how confident you are in the confirmation that your daughter made but without a professional confirmation, keep open to the idea that you could be dealing with something other than bed bugs. Precaution never hurts though.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles."
    Not an expert. Just a survivor who's still learning.
    Vince
  3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 months ago
    Wed Apr 10 2019 11:06:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Monitoring and catching things early can actually become and effective treatment tool if done thoroughly and the source is not reintroducing bedbugs.

There is a protocol available online called "TbyPMR" which will explain the principles of how we do this as optimally as possible.

My only other comment is to suggest posting images of what has been found to confirm to be 100% certain we are giving you the best advice.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,922 posts in 50,063 topics over 155 months by 21,886 of 22,374 members. Latest: kslone1006, Hex999, Gauned