Bedbug Crawling up wall after month of treatment and no sign of them

(2 posts)
  1. deedeen80

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Thu Feb 8 2018 12:20:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi all! We live in an apartment. On the first floor. There is one tenant above us. She had bedbugs back in September. We were never treated! That was the first problem! We had been constantly checking since then. On January 1st around 7pm we found a bedbug on my son’s pillow. Reason we looked was because he had a few bites on him. Anyway. We flipped his bed and he had some on his mattress and boxspring. We threw them away immediately! There was also some evidence underneath his dresser, so we tossed that as well. We were treated right away. Exterminator sprayed and used powder. He came 3 or 4 times since we first saw them. We never seen anything again and the exterminator never seen anything each time he came. We were living out of bags for this past month. I still haven’t unpacked everything. Thinking all is good. Was going to go out today to get my son a new bed. Then my husband found a bug crawling up the wall in the living room!!! Our living room and all our bedrooms were treated! I don’t get it! Does this mean we still have them? We called the landlord and she called the exterminator, who will be out tomorrow morning. Any thoughts? Thanks!

2. bugged-cdn

Posted 8 months ago
    Thu Feb 8 2018 13:37:37
    #

Login to Send PM

If you had bed bugs last month, it's not impossible that you may still have them, despite the treatments. There is no one product that works every time. Some bed bugs are resistant to some products so it becomes trial and error.

Can you post a picture of one of the bugs in question?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,486 posts in 46,591 topics over 142 months by 20,549 of 21,416 members. Latest: srbutler, Nomorepleaze, pestbreaker