(5 posts)
  1. JBinLA

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Aug 17 2011 0:57:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,

I have a recent invasion from these nasty suckers. My PCO in Los Angeles (ISOTech) told me that there will be no need to throw away my mattress after treatment. My friend called another PCO in LA and they told her that I should definitely throw away the mattress.

Any thoughts?

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Aug 17 2011 1:06:51
    #

Login to Send PM

No PCO should be telling you to throw away a mattress sight unseen. So I'd go with your own PCO's advice. I am not an expert but my understanding is it usually is not necessary. If a reputable PCO tells you to get rid of it, in an extreme case, that's another story.

In fact, tossing the mattress or other stuff can make it more likely that bed bugs come back later, when your neighbor has taken in your mattress that looks "just fine."

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. JBinLA

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Aug 17 2011 2:42:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for your reply. I have trust in my PCO. I know it is just my worries about keeping something that my unwanted house guest were using to feed on me.

Thanks again for your input.

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Aug 17 2011 8:23:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Your PCO will hopefully try to remove all the bed bugs on the mattress. Unless it has holes or tears, they should not be living inside it. The PCO may also want you to use an encasement once they have been ther to treat.

5. DustinBBKiller

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Aug 17 2011 13:03:58
    #

Login to Send PM

You may have your answer already but I'll throw in my 2 cents. In my years of killing BBs I have only told a hand full of people they should just toss the mattress. In those cases, the mattresses all had holes and tears, and the infestation wasn't light. I usually go the extra mile with my clients though. I always carry thick plastic to wrap the mattresses before they are tossed. I also spray paint the mattress in bright colors to at least deter random people from taking it. Don't ever let a PCO force you to throw things away. In the long run, it's your stuff and your decision.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,399 posts in 50,188 topics over 156 months by 21,933 of 22,434 members. Latest: Kimmmie46, esedndwi, Help123