Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Bed Leg With Casing And Interceptor - Pic (Feel Free to Critique)

(3 posts)
  1. BurnItDown

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Aug 13 2015 15:00:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Attached is a picture of my bed leg elevated off the floor with an interceptor. Open to suggestions on how to make it more "bed bug proof".
    [img]Foot by Xavier Horan-Jenkins, on Flickr[/img]

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Aug 13 2015 17:17:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Can you describe what you used and what you did?

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. BurnItDown

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Aug 16 2015 20:13:02
    #

Login to Send PM

(Continuing the discussion from my other post on the interceptor as per suggestion.)

The Interceptor is available in my East Coast area at big chain home improvement stores. Price is about $40 for a 4-pack.

Like many users, I was uninformed about bed bugs and made a lot of mistakes right at the start. As soon as I spotted them, I started vacuuming them up and using common anti-pest sprays on my mattress and bed spring. I tried to save money by using $10/per vinyl casements for the mattress and box spring. They quickly got snagged and tore. Upgrading to more expensive casements (available at big chain bedding stores) was more effective. My bed legs had always been elevated. In initially tried just surrounding the bed with Diatomaceous Earth. Later I added the interceptors. After PCO treatment, I added DE to the interceptors and an every-other-day program of vacuuming my bed and washing bedding. (Also used pillow casement as well.) Hope this helps. (If you're new to bedbugs, I recommend reading the FAQ's.)

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,772 posts in 50,035 topics over 155 months by 21,875 of 22,359 members. Latest: questioning_bugger, Mikayah, maybeebedbugs