Bed bugs- the silver lining

(8 posts)
  1. GoVikes15

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Jul 8 2015 19:51:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay, seriously.. I have to think of some benefits that come with having bed bugs otherwise my insanity may overtake me.

1) Extra workouts!
    My god, you should see how many calories I burn vacuuming for hours each week and lugging trash bags to and fro. Forget the gym! This is a full body workout in the comfort of your own home.

2) Forced decluttering
    All those organization jobs I had on my "to do" list for a rainy day- completed in record time! My home has never looked so clean and streamlined.

3) Less spiders
    Okay, I know. Spiders eat bugs, but can a few big, black spiders really do *that* much damage on the BB population? And besides, how can I tell between spider bites and BB bites? I want them DEAD!

4) Forming wonderful new cleaning habits
    You know the 21-day rule about forming new habits. Heck, given my level of paranoia I figure my new cleaning habits will be cemented petrified by the time I'm all done with this!

5) Lightning fast reflexes!
    I've gone from lazily slapping at mosquitoes to leaving welts on my skin from violently smacking any perceived insect whether it be a tickle from a breeze or a wisp of hair. I should use this new skill to go win some tickets at the arcade playing Whac-A-Mole! My kids will love me!!

2. mrspal14

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Jul 9 2015 4:26:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Haha this is great! My husbands silver lining for us is that I will never ever bring home anything second hand again!

3. robinsmom

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Jul 9 2015 4:36:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the laugh. Best part was the "whack a mole" practice... My cat loves to sneak up on me, tickling my bare legs with his whiskers. Gah!!!!!

I'm not an expert just a dumb struggling bed bugger like every body else.
  4. ozbugz

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Jul 10 2015 4:47:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Your post cheered me up no end! People who haven't gone thru it don't get it, hey. I'm keeping positive and seeing my rather empty house as an 'opportunity' to start afresh!

5. persephone86

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Jul 10 2015 16:46:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes! The reflexes! You should see how quickly I pounce after seeing anything moving anywhere. I attacked my Packtite last night like a ninja cat after a brown spot started moving on it. It was a just a carpet or drugstore beetle which I see more in the summer here, but he was obliterated!

6. Slide

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Jul 8 2016 1:26:52
    #

Login to Send PM

I'll second the "forced decluttering." Most of my stuff is in bags on my balcony, and I keep thinking, "Nope, I don't need that. Or that."

7. bitemelady

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Jul 8 2016 1:40:01
    #

Login to Send PM

I've gotten pretty close to NO sleep for four days because I refuse to sleep on the mattress until after it is treated and encased. I know you're not supposed to move elsewhere, but I live in a 400 sq foot studio.. so to avoid the carpet, the only non-carpet room is the bathroom. Although in the past i could never sleep anywhere.. you know some people have that magic power to sleep on the ground.. I did sleep about 2 hours last night. Silver lining. Maybe.

8. misery

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Jul 8 2016 15:54:49
    #

Login to Send PM

I have a LIST of POSITIVES for this, will have to share.

1. Mental acuity is better. I'm quicker on the uptake. (Reflexes mentioned too.)
    2. My house is clean. It always was, but now it is well sorted amd decluttered.
    3. Money! Okay not really. Spend $800 on this and make $200 from consigning (well treated clothing items and items from storage that were never subjected) so it is nice to feel less weight and have some change to pay those credit card balances.
    4. No more thrift and secondhand things that don't fit in a dryer. (Also mentioned, also saves money!)
    5. The kids keep their spaces clear. Nowwwww theyyyy knoooooowwwwww. Lol. I fight much less about it.
    6. Laundry done, all the time. Fluffy, folded, smelling amazing!

Make the lists longer, there are silver linings to everything!

Not a pro here. Call me Jon Snow...... for I know nothing, except what I've experienced.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,435 posts in 48,821 topics over 151 months by 21,437 of 21,839 members. Latest: bedbugtoronto, stinson, WendyW