Bed Bugs - The Real Enemy

(5 posts)
  1. bedbuginfo

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Aug 11 2019 7:32:03
    #

Login to Send PM

I was telling my friend at work how to fight against a potential bedbug invasion, and how this information isn't really readily accessible online, and he said "So you should be the one to post it", so here it goes. I used to live in Florida, and yeah, it is kind of an embarrasing subject to "have", but I was 19 years old, and bwing attacked at night by an enemy I couldn't see. I looked up "flea bite" images etc., and as unsettling as it was I became complacent and just learned to live with it, as icky as that sounds. They weren't spreading any noticable disease, I wasn't becoming "anemic", as flea bite forums (were actually bed bugs) warned, so I just admitted defeat. I would wake up with lines of bites going up my legs. Fast forward to five years later, im living in Massachusetts. I'm still not able to identify my enemy, and so don't know what im fighting against. I go out to gym, drive my car, workout, come home. I see bite marks like the ones in florida on my leg, new bites, not ones i noticed before. i think "okay, theyre in the pants", so i throw my pants in the freezer to kill anything living (learned this tactic collecting bugs as a child. obvioulsy to those of you out there, and in retrospect, yeah, the bugs could have been in the pants, but they were also living in my bed, dude. anyway here is the good info--- i moved into my new place, that has no carpet, its like cheap linoleum, or something, almost like wannabe tile. ok. so i bring in these little suckers unbeknowst, and with me from the hotel i was at prior to moving into my place. i get the bite marks again. i realize im starting tp fall into a sort of depression i get where i dont want to get attacked, so i dont move around my apartment much (my bed here is/was safe because it is on stilts, with those bed bug cup things underneath. "stilts" is just legs). so ive had it, i need to eradicate this enemy i think. im actually just lucky because im sitting on the toilet one day and im just sitting there, and i look at my left arm (bicep tricep area) and there, amongst my tiny little hair folicles i see it. its a tiny tiny tiny little white creature casually walking around my arm (slow speed, not fast, just walking). if you look at your arm, and look at the hairs on your arm and then identify the even smaller, little fuzz hairs on your arm, these bugs are about as big as the beginning base dot point where those smaller little hair follicles pop out from. THAT is why you cant see them while sitting down or standing up trying to examine your lwgs. it is simply impossible. if you guys want a little trick i established after figuring out what i was up against wear socks, then seran wrap your calf up to about three fourths the way up, leaving a little room under the knee, and tape (i love electrical tape) the seran wrap at the base connecting to your sock, and on top. if you feel a "pinch" above that top electrical tape mark, and blood or whatever, you know the animal has traversed its way up your leg, up to where it can bite you. basically guys, these little critters are small enough to live in the cracks in between your tile. i had to electrical tape my entire floor for a winter to keep these guys from reproducing. were talking like vaccum sealed, lol. basically guys, it not the adults who are biting you, those big brown bed bugs you see pictures of online, its their babies, otherwise known as bedbug nymphs. good luck, and happy hunting.

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Aug 11 2019 8:14:14
    #

Login to Send PM

If bed bugs were the issue, given that amount of time, there would be no need to search. It takes adult bed bugs to make eggs, perceived "attacks" by only nymphs always turns out to be some other cause.
    If you're willing to work this through logically I'm sure we can help you figure something out.
    It's always best to start with a proper ID, please post images of what you are finding.

3. bedbuginfo

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Aug 11 2019 14:00:38
    #

Login to Send PM

I can tell you whatever creature I was being attattacked by was definitely almost invisible. I was lucky enough to see on closer to where my eyes were aka on my arm. I also killed an adult about two months before this, and an exterminator unsuccessfully fumigated my apartment before I took matters into my own hands. It was a bed bug nymph on my arm, I remember the shape, but yes, I can only assume that the creatures attacking my legs while playing video games, etc. were in fact, bed bugs. I wrote this post because I dont think people understand what were dealing with here, in terms of invaders, and I did successfully eradiacte my issue. I hope this information isnt misconstrued as a "false flag", because I think this information is sound, and I really wish to help others, as well as the community.

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Aug 11 2019 14:30:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Your assumptions could mislead others, that's all I'm trying to avoid.

5. bedbuginfo

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Aug 11 2019 23:57:43
    #

Login to Send PM

I appreciate your questioning. All I basically know is that what was biting my legs was happening in real time, and was also invisible.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,804 posts in 49,552 topics over 153 months by 21,709 of 22,154 members. Latest: Jcschw, Zirrion, Natureboy325