(3 posts)
  1. timur38

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Aug 9 2018 20:24:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,

It all started couple weeks ago when I first time felt at night that something crawl on me. That was repeating several nights until couple days ago I woke up at 4AM because I felt like a spider crawls on me. I turned on light and found 3 bugs on my sheet, I killed them and 2 of them were full of red blood.
    I contacted the landlord that day, probably the pest control will come next Wednesday. Upon the closer look I was able to find them almost everywhere. I threw away my mattress that had tears, all three beds because I found few bugs in the bed joints, sofa, rug and some other staff where I saw bugs or eggs. I almost finished the cleaning the apartment and my next step to wash all the clothes. I have bytes on my skin and my wife developed allergic reactions and the hives. I ordered a new metal frame beds, mattress, mattress protections and the Bed Bug ClimbUp Interceptors.

I have zero experience against bed bugs and in fact I have never ever heard about them in my life.
    Would you please tell me if I did right and what should be the next steps.

Thank you!

2. Clatz

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Aug 9 2018 21:23:45
    #

Login to Send PM

It sounds like you're off to the right start. In many cases, disposing of the mattress might be considered "extreme," but it all depends on the severity of the infestation.

Informing the landlord and getting pest control involved is generally the best thing you can do right off the bat. Some people try to tackle bedbugs by themselves first, but this is just one of those things where getting the pros involved right away is the best thing you can do. After that, cleaning, reducing clutter, laundering everything you can launder on high heat is generally recommended. Anything that's clutter in an infested room should be visually inspected for bugs and evidence of them before putting it into sealed bags. Basically if it's bed bug free, and you're sure of it, sealing it away will keep it that way.

Some things just can't be treated. Either indirect then very well, or perhaps the PCO can treat them. You'd have to run that by them though.

Vacuum often while you wait for the PCO. Dispose of the vacuum bag straight into the garbage afterwards, and take the garbage out immediately. This will hopefully prevent any accidental spreading of any bugs that manage to survive the vacuuming.

Other than those basics, it's pretty much the waiting game until the PCO arrives. After they come, I recommend not moving your stuff back into place right away. I had my treatment done about 4 weeks ago. After the treatment I hadn't seen any evidence of any bugs, nor bugs themselves. Until last Sunday that is. Did one more inspection before I would decide to put my things back and live normally again. During that inspection I found one live nymph. My PCO said it's probably a recent hatchling that came out of an egg that didn't get reached. He reassured me that his chemical is residual for 90 days, and that it was probably already dying when I found it. That being said, one in my apartment is more than I'm comfortable with. Continuing inspections until I go a few weeks without finding any bugs, evidence, etc. It's been almost a month now since the treatment. I still expect to wait at least 2 weeks, even if I don't find anything. I'm seriously scared to death of these buggers coming back.

Be patient, try to take it easy. Bed bugs don't carry any disease as far as we know. So they're basically just mosquitoes, except flightless and they live much closer to you. They're a terrifying idea, but I think the psychological impact of these things is worse than the bugs themselves.

After your treatment, talk to your PCO and consider investing in something like Cimexa to put down afterwards to keep the battle raging on, just in case any were missed. It'll be a long road back to normalcy, but bed bugs definitely won't kill you. It can be stressful, but it'll all pan out alright.

3. timur38

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Aug 9 2018 22:57:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Clatz,

Thank you for the information.
    I was going to replaces all the furniture I threw away in the near future so I'm okay with it. The issue I realized too late is that we have to sleep on the mattresses on the floor that probably increases out change to be bitten.

So far I put all the clothes in the trash bags and will keep them there for a long time. Does this what people do to protect clothes ?

I'm thinking to place Cimexa dust today does it okay?

I found and removed 3 bed bugs nests (many bugs and eggs at the same place). Is it possible that I killed them all?

I rent small one bedroom apartment. I don't have carpet and many furniture the only places I can think of where they still can hide is cracks between walls.

Thanks!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,452 posts in 46,581 topics over 142 months by 20,545 of 21,411 members. Latest: PrismArc, unclejohn, WheelBugger