Bed bugs or nuvan?

(4 posts)
  1. Baconfriessteve

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Aug 7 2018 15:53:38
    #

Login to Send PM

So we found literally one bed bug last January, we won the bug lottery and somehow managed to get one lone nymph. We sprayed everywhere with onslaught and nyguard igr and soon discovered in horribly allergic to it. My face turned red like a cockatiel. No bugs since just residual annoyance due to the pesticides. Yesterday I opened one of the bags I had clothes I couldn't wash in it along with a nuvan strip because I needed to find some lost items. After shuffling around the nuvan bag that had not been disturbed since February my face turned redder, my eyes went red and my arm went red.

Now my left elbow is bright red.

The problem is, I do realize it was dumb to reach into the bag without airing it out...but everything else has gone down except the elbow. So now I'm paranoid it was actually a bed bug. It burns if I put disinfectant on it. It's slightly bigger than a quarter. There are no signs of bugs and there haven't been any since February.

Do you think the red elbow is due to the nuvan irritating my skin or could a bed bug possibly survived the fumes in the bag?

To note bed bug bites turn into huge bruises on me.

2. micachica

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Aug 7 2018 16:24:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Nuvan irritating your skin.

3. Baconfriessteve

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Aug 7 2018 16:36:15
    #

Login to Send PM

micachica - 10 minutes ago  » 
    Nuvan irritating your skin.

Is nuvan that horribly bad for our skin? It's weird that the only thing remaining is the elbow

4. micachica

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Aug 7 2018 17:52:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Well you’re supposed to wash your hands thoroughly after handling the strip so it make sense to me that if your elbow was exposed while rummaging through the bag (prob more than face and eyes) it’d be more irritated and take longer to heal than the other areas that were exposed. You said it yourself bed bug bites turn into large bruises for you not quarter sized red marks. With no signs of bedbugs since Feb odds are it’s the nuvan. You also had a bad reaction to IGR. Seems logical you might be sensitive to the nuvan too.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

277,535 posts in 45,810 topics over 139 months by 20,174 of 20,973 members. Latest: busbugs, jklyczek, Thisguy97