(6 posts)
  1. itchywitchy2

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sun Feb 4 2018 21:53:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Stayed at a hotel in November

Went to friends house on Christmas that had fleas. - WE HAVE NO PETS sometimes stray animals end up in our backyard and my kids play in the yard.

January 7th I start itching like crazy, to the point where I have hives. No one else in my family is being bit or bothered so I thought it was an allergic reaction. I went to the doctor and that is what she said. 10 days go by and my son who is 3 says "ouch" , he is sitting on the floor in the living room playing with toys. I said don't scratch it. I went over and lifted his shirt and found a flea! We treated for fleas , I found a flea nest in front of the toilet in the toilet rug. I think I was bringing them in my bed because I would go to the bathroom before bed and they would jump on my white socks. I checked my mattress did not find anything that looks like bed bugs or their feces. We sprayed our home but I think at this point they must be out of control because I was still getting bit in various places mostly the laundry room, couch and bedroom. We hired a bug guy to do spray for fleas 1/25. I did not bother to ask for them to look because I had thought it was fleas and only fleas. They are due to come back 2/8 and spray again. I am not getting bit like I was , I was able to feel the bites as they were happening, but now I don't notice them happening and ill just find an itchy spot here or there maybe like 1 bite every other day. My son on the other hand he seems to be really itchy now and I checked his bed and found one corner of his bed to be really questionable. I am not sure if this is dirt or bed bug left overs??? none of it is a stain, my husband pushed it around with his finger so he thinks it is just dirt. I added pictures of the dirty side of the bed and then a picture of the opposite side of the bed. The clean side of the bed is where he sleeps, the dirty side is by where his feet would be, but he is really small. I have also included some pictures of my bites. After it all settles down there is typically only one tiny little red puncture. I just get hives from it, but I think I am getting used to being bit because I do not react that poorly anymore. Would bed bugs only hide out in one area of a mattress? Does this look like dirt to you or could it be bed bugs? do my bites look consistent with bed bug bites or flea bites?

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'd just like to know what is going on for sure so I can take care of this problem before it gets even more out of control.

2. itchywitchy2

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Feb 5 2018 8:40:13
    #

Login to Send PM

come on y'all!!

3. Mf1616

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Feb 5 2018 10:27:55
    #

Login to Send PM

I’m not an expert but it kind of looks like flea poop...

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Feb 5 2018 11:55:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Nothing bed bug related.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program
  5. itchywitchy2

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Feb 5 2018 13:00:07
    #

Login to Send PM

thanks for the help yall. I knew for sure there were fleas, just didn't know if we got hit with the double whammy too. looks like the hotel we stayed at has had a lot of complaints about bed bugs recently.

6. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Feb 5 2018 13:07:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Bed bug complaints are far more in number than actual bed bugs.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

270,474 posts in 44,027 topics over 133 months by 19,280 of 19,908 members. Latest: ehboys, Ohio111111, trez1336