(2 posts)
  1. Chrysanthemum6

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Apr 9 2018 22:58:35
    #

Login to Send PM

ADVICE NEEDED
    I've been terrified of bedbugs my whole life because my parents got them in the 70's before I was born. A few weeks ago I woke up with two bites about an inch apart. Thought they were mosquitos. I took a trip for a week and nothing. Upon my return they started again. Usually two, an inch or so from each other. Becoming paranoid I began to feel phantom crawlers on me. Then one night I was hopping in to bed and see a tiny clear bug. I panic and by the time I gain my wits, I've lost it and am unable to catch it in a ziplock bag. That night I wash everything and tear my room apart. No signs of the critters anywhere. I even cut in to the box spring and nada. What I did find was tiny carcasses of what I believe to be carpet beetle larvae. I thought ok, these little dudes are harmless. Over the next few days as I clean, I find several live ones. At this point I wash EVERYTHING. Vacuum, sprinkle diatomaceous earth, and wash wash wash. But I'm still breaking out in bites or hives a week later. I think I'm going crazy. Sometimes I think the itch spots are from the larvae, but then I think about that tiny clear bug and wonder if I am just beginning to get attacked by bedbugs. I would love advice. Haven't slept in a week and I am debating going into debt to call an exterminator. The house is a three bedroom house plus a bed in the attic and basement.

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Apr 10 2018 12:06:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Leave out montors - glue boards, climbup style interceptors, fan-folded paper, small folded cloth. You have to capture with a tissue or square of toilet paper, tape, etc. You can then put all into a Ziplock bag.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

272,349 posts in 44,491 topics over 135 months by 19,507 of 20,186 members. Latest: SBbluebed, Panic-in-my-bedroom, Fighterme