Bed bugs or booklouse?

(3 posts)
  1. SadinCT

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Jul 4 2012 9:28:57
    #

Login to Send PM

I live in a building that I've found out has a bedbug problem. A pest control company came to do a preventative treatment in my apartment because a nearby unit was found to have a problem. They did a thorough inspection of my mattress, bedroom, and couch, and found nothing. I've not had any evidence of bites.

I've been going through all of my things and I've found a few casings between papers and in photo albums that were in a closet. These have mostly been in boxes that have not been opened in a few years.

I read about book lice and am hoping someone can ID these casings, since they have the same horizontal stripes that I see in bedbug pictures. Thanks in advance.

http://db.tt/09LawdDw

2. AshamedandScratching

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Jul 4 2012 10:33:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Look like the shed skins of carpet beetle larva to me.

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Jul 4 2012 10:41:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Its carpet beetles skins or something very similar, have a look at:

http://www.bed-bugs.co.uk/carpetbeetles.html

For the solution.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,240 posts in 50,145 topics over 155 months by 21,921 of 22,417 members. Latest: plsnopls, Ldrago, frustrated1970