Bed bugs or booklice???

(5 posts)
  1. Sickofbugs2018

newbite

Posted 2 days ago
    Tue Apr 17 2018 2:04:09
    #

Login to Send PM

So a few months ago (maybe about 6 months) I did have bed bugs. It was at the very beginning of the infestation (10 found at the most) they were hiding in the lining of my bed sheets. During this time I saw several, actually mostly, adults. Terminix came in and treated and cleared us weeks later. We never had any more issues. Then about 2 weeks ago I noticed some very tiny (very noticeable) bugs on my baseboards in the 3 rooms and hallway. I react badly to bites from bed bugs as do my children. We have n[img]http://IMG_20180417_011257
    IMG_20180417_011257
    IMG_20180417_011340
    IMG_20180417_011428
    close linkedin account
    [/img]ot had any bites but I see these bugs crawling on walls and on my baseboards almost daily. I have not seen any adults at all. Are these booklice or bed bug nymphs?

2. Sickofbugs2018

newbite

Posted 1 day ago
    Tue Apr 17 2018 10:53:56
    #

Login to Send PM

I am so tired! I am up all night researching and searching for these bugs. I have 4 young children and I work full time. I live in an apartment and the bed bug service will ONLY communicate with the Manager and she is not really doing her job. While these look like booklice or book louse I am no expert. Please please please, do these look like bed bugs to you? I need to sleep!

3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 day ago
    Tue Apr 17 2018 15:27:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Sickofbugs2018 - 4 hours ago  » 
    I am so tired! I am up all night researching and searching for these bugs. I have 4 young children and I work full time. I live in an apartment and the bed bug service will ONLY communicate with the Manager and she is not really doing her job. While these look like booklice or book louse I am no expert. Please please please, do these look like bed bugs to you? I need to sleep!

Booklice

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. Sickofbugs2018

newbite

Posted 1 day ago
    Tue Apr 17 2018 23:00:44
    #

Login to Send PM

How can I get rid of them? We do have plastic Tupperware bowls filled with soap water under all of our bed legs because we couldn't fork out the $ for interceptors. Could this be attracting them? Should we get rid of the bowls? Thank you so much for your response!! It does give me a little rest!

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 day ago
    Wed Apr 18 2018 6:03:37
    #

Login to Send PM

A moisture-related insect. Feeds on mold, hyphae, spores. Extremely common in homes. Can live within walls, under flooring, around windows, etc., and these areas may have condensation issues.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

272,341 posts in 44,488 topics over 135 months by 19,506 of 20,185 members. Latest: R1180m, SBbluebed, Panic-in-my-bedroom