Expected to be, anyway. More here.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Apr 29 2010 12:17:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Extensive report now on Nightline's site. More analysis and links to article here.

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri Apr 30 2010 0:14:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Does anyone know if the show ran? I won't be able to access my recording until tomorrow. If it aired, it should be on the Nightline website as a full episode sometime tomorrow.

However, I will say this, as of right now, one of the pages advertising this piece on ABC's website is showing an unfortunate dust mite photo. Check out the update here for a screenshot and link.

4. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri Apr 30 2010 0:21:20
    #

Login to Send PM

It was on. Not much of anything really ... Lou was on it .. that was the only thing good about it.

5. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri Apr 30 2010 0:22:08
    #

Login to Send PM

PS. Is my dollar in the mail yet?
    How are ya nobugs?

6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri Apr 30 2010 10:00:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey KQ,

No bucks yet.

I would be better if Nightline had not augmented the dust mite photo with one of some sort of non-bed-related creature (cockroach?). Check out my screenshot. I am not making this up.

I know the tv spot does feature that same photo, labeled as a cockroach; however, there's no denying its presentation on the Nightline website, under a "bed bug" headline, is confusing...

7. loubugs

old timer

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri Apr 30 2010 11:50:34
    #

Login to Send PM

They shot so much footage at the museum & used a few seconds of it. At least you could see so many bugs in the jar, but unfortunately with no good description of what was going on.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  8. soscared

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri Apr 30 2010 11:52:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Recently I read an article in a Russian newspaper about bed bugs taking over Moscow. The picture used was of a dustmite. Makes you wonder how much you can trust anything you read if they won't do the basic research.

9. parakeets

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri Apr 30 2010 17:06:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Hopefully you can still catch it on Youtube, link below. These Youtube postings sometimes are taken down, so if it is gone, do a search on "Youtube Nightline bed bugs" and maybe you'll find someone else posting it.

[+] Embed the videoGet the Video Plugins

I was impressed at the length of the piece (nearly 7 minutes), its placement at the beginning of a well-rated network show, and the fact (hooray) that this show didn't quote the "Sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite" ditty--even though that was one of my squares in bed bug bingo.

10. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri Apr 30 2010 21:16:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, 'Keets.

The Nightline site has a video now, and I have embedded it here, in case the YouTube clip above disappears.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,217 posts in 50,141 topics over 155 months by 21,920 of 22,415 members. Latest: Cain69, Bery10, plsnopls