Bed bugs on The Bold Type

(9 posts)
  1. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Aug 24 2017 20:26:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Bed bugs feature in episode 8 of The Bold Type. Kat has bed bugs in her apartment so she goes to stay with Jane and Sutton. They have heard bed bugs spread easily, so they make her strip at the door (which opens to the street)-- she tosses her bag of clothing to a neighbor headed for the garbage can.

However, the bed bug knowledge is limited here-- Kat only strips to her bra and underwear before going inside the apartment.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  2. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Aug 24 2017 20:32:04
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm guessing we're talking about a TV show?

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Aug 24 2017 20:32:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugsonme - 1 minute ago  » 
    However, the bed bug knowledge is limited here-- Kat only strips to her bra and underwear before going inside the apartment.

Undergarments are in fact a technically low risk when it comes to bed bugs as unless its a very heavy (multi generational infestation heavily dispersed with foggers) only the outer garments are the risk factor.

Although in my home given the high risk of tourists in the city on weekend we have a remove all items of clothing policy often followed by a thorough visual inspection :wink:. It's odd how some people no longer come over for dinner and others are always asking for an invite!

Take care.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  4. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Aug 24 2017 20:39:50
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 4 minutes ago <a
    It's odd how some people no longer come over for dinner and others are always asking for an invite!
    Take care.
    David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

That's one way to find out who your real friends are ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‰

"When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras" Theodore Woodward

I am, by no means, a pro. I'm simply a person that has had unfortunate luck, and somehow acquired the little guys.
    Any/all 'advice' I have to share is based on my own personal history and/or things I've read from the professionals on this site.
    My profession is medical, which is where I am confident in any advice I give, however rare it may be.
  5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Aug 24 2017 20:40:00
    #

Login to Send PM

psychologically_messed_up - 1 minute ago  » 

Also guess it's a TV show but to share an interesting fact. A recently published academic study showed that TV and Movie's do more for bringing complex issues to acceptance within society than the news does.

I am just wondering what Hollywood heart throbs get to play Lou and me in the Movie (suggestions below:).

David

6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Aug 24 2017 20:44:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Yeah, I quickly decided that leaving a bowl on the side for their keys and wallets was not setting the right tone either.

My building is 50's not 70's and more "alternative modern" on the inside.

David

7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Aug 24 2017 21:21:57
    #

Login to Send PM

psychologically_messed_up - 49 minutes ago ย ยปย 

Yes, on Hulu-- it's like a millennial Sex and the City.

I am not in the target demographic but find it entertaining and surprisingly fresh and well-written.

8. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Aug 24 2017 21:23:18
    #

Login to Send PM

psychologically_messed_up - 43 minutes ago  » 

bed-bugscouk - 4 minutes ago <a
    It's odd how some people no longer come over for dinner and others are always asking for an invite!
    Take care.
    David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

LOL to you both!

9. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Aug 24 2017 22:03:59
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 1 hour ago  » 

Yeah, I quickly decided that leaving a bowl on the side for their keys and wallets was not setting the right tone either.
    My building is 50's not 70's and more "alternative modern" on the inside.
    David

As long as your dinner invitations aren't 'come on over! We'll cook tea but puddings on you!' I'd say it's fine. ๐Ÿ˜‚

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,277 posts in 49,227 topics over 152 months by 21,578 of 21,999 members. Latest: Cc8656, bb3784738, Buggingout111