Bed Bugs.. No money.. Beyond frustrated

(2 posts)
  1. Kei2016

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat May 28 2016 19:01:55
    #

Login to Send PM

I have recently been getting large, itchy welts on me. Right now, I have two on each wrist directly across from each other, and one on my head. I also got itchy bumps on my arm, toe, and ear a few weeks prior. This almost mirrors a situation half a year ago where I was getting the "breakfast-lunch-dinner" bites. At that time I was upstairs with my parents in my room. Now I'm downstairs in a new room and it seems they followed. I'm putting my matress in plastic (it's on the floor, no box spring) and I might spray some "bed bug killer" I got, but the entire situation seems hopeless. I work a minimum wage job and my family is struggling, so an exterminator is 100% out of the question. Yet, we live in a 3 floor-house and I shudder to think how spread out the infection may be. What can I do? Are my only options really to get rid of what little belongings I have, move in with someone else and start over? Or is all I can do is sit at home and get bitten up as the infection grows?

2. JoeTheOdd

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Jun 9 2016 4:11:32
    #

Login to Send PM

I've lived with these bugs for years. It wasn't like the people I lived with couldn't afford it, they just chose not to because none of them have allergic reactions to the bites like I do, so it was basically a non-issue. Knowing I'd have to fend them off on my own, the first thing I did was get mattress encasement and climb-up interceptors for my bed legs, and I put DE in them. I've really done a solid job of keeping them out of my bed, they've had to resort to living in the walls. I also applied DE all around my baseboards. Those two things REALLY cut down on the bites. The only part of my body that gets bit now is my feet and ankles while I'm sitting here at the computer desk not paying attention.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,662 posts in 50,011 topics over 154 months by 21,869 of 22,351 members. Latest: pleasestop, paintersmelbourne, Mercy Me