bed bugs? no idea!

(1 post)
  1. stumped.and.freaked

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Sep 18 2014 19:44:10
    #

Login to Send PM

*About 7 months ago, my boyfriend and I moved into a home that had been empty for over 2 years. Once we fixed it up and moved in, I started having an allergic reaction all over my body. This went on for about 3 months and I finally was able to figure out what it was. It was the new Mr. Clean (generic brand) that I had been using. Problem solved. I quit using it, and the rash went away.
    *My second problem that I had been fighting at the same time were house centipedes. I had tried everything except an exterminator to rid the house of these scary looking things! Finally, a month after I got rid of my rash, I had an exterminator come in and spray for them. After about 2 weeks they were gone. And if I did find one, it was in the process of dying. Thank god!
    *for about 2 months, I was fine, no rashes no sign of any bugs what so ever. But in the last month or so, I've been getting bites as I'm sleeping. I've kept a close eye on this because i know how bed bugs are making a come back. My bites can be described as itchy, welped and either in a line or a heck of a lot of welps in a large group. If this didn't make my skin crawl, after about 1 week only of seeing this on my body (arms, legs, stomach and neck) i found out that my daughters grandmother had found bed bugs in her house. She goes there every now and then so immediately, i found out the correct way to look for bed bugs. I started with my pillow and pillow case, checked literally every crack I could get to on our bed. My boyfriend lifted the box spring and we checked there and the head and base board. Nothing. So we moved to the floor and curtains. We checked in the drawers and we don't have a lot of closet space, so we checked the clutter in the corner of our room. We did the same thing in my daughters room. I cleaned our sheets with hot water (and lavender scented detergent in case bed bugs really do hate that smell) Nothing still.
    *I'm still getting bit. Only me. And even though my boyfriend thinks im crazy, he still helps me check thoroughly AT LEAST once a week. This past week we found one carpet beetle. I didn't have the slightest idea what this was. Still don't really.
    *I know this isn't an allergic reaction, but im finding no sign of bed bugs or fleas or anything and im at my wits end at what to do! I get bit about every other night still. I don't have a lot if money so until I find a bed bug (or whatever this is) I don't want an exterminator to come. I just have no idea what to do anymore. Please help!?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,455 posts in 48,828 topics over 151 months by 21,440 of 21,843 members. Latest: Beardface, BugBrosHauntingMe, brokengarage