Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Free for all

Bed Bugs in the news

(3 posts)
  1. IveBeenBugged

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Jan 29 2008 20:25:19
    #

Login to Send PM

My sister let me know about the article in Reader's Digest. Hope it's ok to post a link:

http://www.rd.com/your-home/cleaning/insect-and-critter-control/yikes-i-think-i-have-bedbugs/article.html

Some of the things said though are questionable. I don't like that they went and got packing boxes to put stuff in for one. I'm doing away with all boxes myself. Read it and let me know what you all think.

In the local paper yesterday an associatted press article stated that bed bugs jump from person to person.

Still seems like there is a lot of misinformation out there. Although it's good to see it showing up more in print.

2. IveBeenBugged

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Jan 29 2008 23:33:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok so the reader'd digest ended up being put on main page. I ended up finding a link to the newspaper article from the assoiated press.

Here it is:

It's titled "New York battles bedbug invasion"

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/nationworld/sfl-fltribedbugssbjan28,0,7340582.story

Pay close attention to the part, "they can hitch rides on clothing and jump between people in elevators and on crowded streets", well they got it partially right.

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Jan 29 2008 23:57:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Good catch, IveBeenBugged. They don't jump between people in elevators.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,748 posts in 49,541 topics over 153 months by 21,704 of 22,148 members. Latest: germanhippie, Sportbb42, Katieaus