Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug pest control firms (PCOs), Bed bug k9s, etc.

Bed Bugs in Newark, California (bay area) Need company recommendation!

(7 posts)
  1. Wyldfyre

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Mar 31 2017 15:06:17
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm the new kid on the block....quite literally. But that's not the point. Point is, I have a bed bug problem. Got bitten 12 times in total, 3 every single day for the past week. Granted, I accidentally fell asleep on the floor doing some paper, which is how I got the initial bites. And then I squashed a bug next to me filled with blood. Fresh blood. That got me scared. I looked up bed bugs, compared it to my dead bug, and seemed to get my answer. Unfortunately, I didn't save it so I'd be able to get experts to confirm. Few days later, more bites, another dead bug. This one was obliterated, so again, I didn't save it. I started sleeping on the floor with a sleeping bag because I was terrified the bugs would live in my bed (at least, they'd be on the ground instead). I've also put double-sided tape on the bed posts, but I've also heard that doesn't really help, either...

Anyways, what I need help on is finding reputable bed bug companies to help me with my infestation. I called several places that said they'd send canines over for a visual inspection. However, I'm not sure who to trust. One place said they'd do the inspection but wouldn't do a visual confirmation. However, they did tell me their dog does training every day with 12 vials of bugs. They'd then do the eradication with something called Cimi-shield, a soy based chemical killer. I don't have experience with this, but when I looked it up, several reports said it might be ineffective. Some reports said it would work. Company said they'd have a 12-year warranty, though. (website: http://www.bedbugsallgone.com/fremont-ca-bed-bug-extermination-non-toxic.html)

TLDR: Please recommend me a reputable bed bug company in Newark, California. Should I hire a canine company that doesn't do visual confirmation? (I think the general consensus is no, but I want to be sure) Also, does cime-chield work? What should I do in the meantime to prevent myself from being a meal?

2. bedbugsbugme

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Mar 31 2017 15:37:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Chances are they are already harbouring in your bed and that's where they came from. Bed bugs will travel great distances (for a bug) to get a meal. Up to a 100 meters a night. You should probably just keep sleeping in your bed to avoid spreading them. You want to keep the infestation in one room if possible.

But first you will need confirmation that you do indeed have bed bugs. You can do your own inspection but if you don't find anything you can go with a k9 inspection and maybe do a visual confirmation yourself.

Here is a FAQ to go over to get you started
    http://bedbugger.com/how-to-get-rid-of-bed-bugs-bed-bug-faqs/

I have never heard of the chemical you mention so I cant help you there.

One thing to keep in mind is do not spray anything. You can risk spreading the bugs by causing them to flee the spray. Most sprays only work as a contact killer and have no residual effect.

Within the FAQs there explains ways to isolate tour bed to prevent bites. But its not guaranteed to work since the bugs are probably already hiding in your bed and bed frame.

Best to get a pro over to inspect ASAP.

I'm not an expert. Just sharing what I learned from my experience.
  3. Wyldfyre

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Mar 31 2017 15:50:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the reply. I definitely won't try DIY's then. I've already washed all my linens with hot water, leaving them boxed up in an isolated area. And based on the picture, that definitely was a bed bug. :/ I suppose I need to find a reputable company now and a live sample.

Does anyone know a good PCO company in Newark, California (bay area)?

4. Ombugsman

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Mar 31 2017 17:30:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Richard Cooper and Jeff White are leading entomologists in the fight against bed bugs. They've published many peer-reviewed articles and Richard owns a pest control company. They train PCOs in their bed bug protocol and then, if approved, list them on their registry. The treatment part of the protocol as of 2-3 years ago involved (among many other things) multiple visits, use of a steamer, rotation of proven chemical pesticides, and CimeXa dust. It may have changed since then so you might want to check with them after you've talked with a company in their registry which services your area. Here is the link where you enter your zip code to locate an approved PCO near you:

bedbugcentral.com/bedbugfree/membership

5. Wyldfyre

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Apr 1 2017 0:14:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks :> I'll go look them up. Hopefully, I can get rid of these bugger without burning my house down by next week lol

6. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Apr 1 2017 13:13:24
    #

Login to Send PM

You can search for Cimi-shield on this forum. It has been discussed before.

7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Apr 3 2017 10:04:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Don't hire a dog team where the inspector does not visually verify alerts.

You can click the tags I added above your post to Bay Area PCOs and San Francisco PCOs. You will see reviews of personal experiences with local PCOs there. (Those are only posts which got tagged, and if you're interested, you may find more or more recent posts via the search box at top right.)

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,300 posts in 49,235 topics over 152 months by 21,583 of 22,004 members. Latest: looking2identify, Robbysee, Elephant88