Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug news and events

Bed Bugs in Low Income Housing, the drama unfolds!

(5 posts)
  1. otaku1811

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Dec 9 2011 0:55:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Well, the bed bug problem in my building has finally gotten people so upset that it made it to Fox News tonight.

http://www.fox23news.com/news/local/story/Bed-bugs-at-apartment-building-in-Saratoga-Springs/kYvNNGC4CkCNx5WfzsibVg.cspx

If this doesn't get the Housing Authority to do something I don't know what will. Pray for these people (and me cause I live in this building lol).

2. NeverSurrender

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Dec 9 2011 1:47:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Just watched the clip. Sorry to hear what you're going through. What an nightmare. I think it may take an occupy wall street type of campaign. Maybe that type of media coverage would help.

3. otaku1811

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Dec 10 2011 15:29:36
    #

Login to Send PM

I just got to meet congressman Chris Gibson and Senator McDonald and tell them what is going on. The director of housing here sent out a letter (to only some of the tenants) stating he'd raise all of our rent $50 more to pay for a pest management company. Not only is this outright illegal, but this would hurt a lot of low-income people that are struggling as-is. So I got to tell the congressman and senator about that issue, as well as fill them in on what has been going on in my building with the bed bugs and management's negligence. They will be having a meeting for us in January and the people from HUD have to go to discuss all of these problems. So finally we will be getting a chance to have our say in front of HUD. I hope the Federal Government pushes them to fix their erroneous ways.

4. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Dec 10 2011 15:57:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Wow, that's horrible. I wonder if a team of volunteers might be mustered to remediate this problem at this location??? paul b.

5. otaku1811

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Jan 25 2012 17:27:24
    #

Login to Send PM

It's getting hot now!

http://www.saratogian.com/articles/2012/01/20/news/doc4f18e740088ee768086275.txt?viewmode=default

Heated debate over the bed bug issue in HUD housing.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,731 posts in 50,024 topics over 155 months by 21,873 of 22,356 members. Latest: citycpap, AnxiousAngela1989, weluckyfew201