Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

bed bugs in clothing

(6 posts)
  1. cantcallit2016

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Feb 17 2017 23:54:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Have a lot of clothes in totes curious if they we're infested would bugs be hard too find have over 500 gallons full have looked through all just curious as too if the are harder too find in a lot of clothes

2. Poiqm

Account Closed

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Feb 18 2017 0:39:16
    #

Login to Send PM

You would have to be incredibly meticulous to find eggs or really young nymphs because they are super small. The fresh hatched nymphs look like a speck of white dust or lint.

This is a fed nymph. Unfed they are pale and tiny.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lou_bugs_pix/324802634/

If you don't want to heat treat them then perhaps Nuvan strips in each container would work.

[+] Embed the videoGet the Video Player

Account closed
  3. cantcallit2016

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Feb 18 2017 1:14:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Ty for the links have dried all of them in a dryer before putting them in totes last year my main? Would be if they we're in my totes for a yr. Would they be heavily infested by now I have seen all stages in the past except eggs so that would be the main?

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Feb 18 2017 6:17:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Unless the clothes are stored close to / under the bed the risk of infestation of clothes in containers is minimal. In 9 / 10 cases we actually don't find it necessary to bag and wash all the clothes in the treated room, we will happily leave items in wardrobes on the other side of the room in low to medium cases.

If you are finding sporadic activity you need to focus on how they are arriving in your home rather than how to deal with things in your home.

This is especially true for items that are well sealed or that have lids. They are more likely to be on the outside of bags under the bed than working their way inside.

Hope that makes sense.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  5. BBuster

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Feb 18 2017 9:47:29
    #

Login to Send PM

The only method I succeed to kill them in my clothing is boiling my clothing.
    I put a 22 liter kettle on an electric single pitfire on the bathroomfloor and I boil my clothing after every single use.

Methods that did NOT work for me:
    - 90° washing machine
    - 30 minutes hot dryer
    - freezing for 3 days at -20°C

6. cantcallit2016

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Feb 19 2017 3:22:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Ty David you have been very helpful along the way

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,776 posts in 49,800 topics over 154 months by 21,797 of 22,262 members. Latest: Laura07, n4mn3p, ireallydontwantbedbugs