Bed bugs, fleas, carpet beetles!? [a: can't ID skin reactions]

(9 posts)
  1. apv

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Mar 20 2015 18:28:30
    #

Login to Send PM

A family member has informed me that they may have bed bugs. A member in her household has very large welts that itch on her body. They've been over to my house and I have two bites, almost the size of dimes, about two inches apart along where your waistband would be between your hips and the small of your back. They itch but the itch eventually went away. Even after a few hours, they're still red. We do have dogs so fleas could be possible (hoping so!) and I did have the bedroom window open last night. I have taken a flash light to my bed and couch but haven't found anything. No one else in our household has any bites. Could it be possible that this is just a coincidence? Will provide pictures of the bites as well as the "bug" they had found at their house shortly.

2. apv

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Mar 20 2015 18:32:05
    #

Login to Send PM

The above picture is the "bug" that they found at their house.

Here is a picture of my bites:

[non-working link deleted]

Here is a picture of their bites:

[non-working link deleted]

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Mar 20 2015 19:45:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Those links went to your Google mail account.

This post explains how to post a photo for ID.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  4. apv

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Mar 20 2015 20:10:36
    #

Login to Send PM

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Mar 20 2015 21:53:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks!

No one can ID the skin reactions.

The sample bug doesn't look like a bed bug. It may be a beetle larva.
    It's not very clear and I'm on a phone so wait for an expert to confirm, which may happen tomorrow.

Look at the bed bugs photo gallery for signs to watch for-- note that most people see fecal stains first and if you think you find one, experts can usually ID photos of them also.

6. OCD BADLY

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Jun 29 2017 10:31:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Well we have had 3 exterminator companies come and no one can find bed bugs in our apartment. I have bites all over me. I found what looks like nest to me and all 3 companies say no they won't nest in the bathroom [where i found 1st mess], 2nd was in bottom of gun safe door, and the 3rd is mess i found after i just insisted the apartment be treated or i was going to call an attorney.
    There has been no mess like any pictures in our bed or anywhere around it, ie .. headboard, dressers, nightstand, not any.... because i really have OCD when it comes to cleaning and i do not have dirty/germs/bugs in our home. So we are under going 2nd treatment today and i am STILL getting bitten...... everything i collect they say is fuss or dirt or some other particle.. i think i finally found a bed bug carcus but still no nest.

7. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Jun 29 2017 10:54:49
    #

Login to Send PM

When you say "nest" what are you seeing?

Oh, and start your own thread so this doesn't get all confused.

8. OCD BADLY

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Jun 29 2017 19:52:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Well here are the photos i took of the sound bar in our living room and the bottom of the door in my gun safe n the bites on my body. I am trying to find gun safe photo's. I have over 300 photos of bug something from laundry room on complex to all over our apartment n myself and my husband. https://flic.kr/p/W1Kos9
    https://flic.kr/p/W1KnRE
    https://flic.kr/p/W1KnRE
    https://flic.kr/p/VFktfL
    https://flic.kr/p/W4ZsS4

9. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Jun 30 2017 0:06:19
    #

Login to Send PM

OCDBadly,
    It's not a good idea, for a lot of reasons, to ask for IDs or other assistance in a thread started by someone else.

Please start a new one and paste these posts there. If you do not know how to start a new thread, see this: How to use the forums
    (in the "green sticky" posts on the main page, should you need it later)

Also-- your images were not displaying above so I fixed them. Next time, just paste in the web address and it will create its own link.

Please note that while people can try to ID insects or fecal stains, no one can ID skin reactions as being from bed bugs.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,743 posts in 49,539 topics over 153 months by 21,702 of 22,146 members. Latest: HelpMe342, tristramshandy123, germanhippie