bed bugs dying suddenly?

(6 posts)
  1. buggybrains

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Jul 11 2012 12:56:45
    #

Login to Send PM

i have and still have bed bugs and it is a slow process of killing them and getting rid of them.

the first bed bug i saw was on the floor next to my bed. it was died. i mean this one was fat and plumb and there it was... dead as a rock. my bed is not that high for it to die to its death. and when i poked it brown ooze oozed out.

i just read another topic about someone finding a dead one and a live one.

what i want to know is can they die of old age or feeding too much or something?

2. popgoesabedbug

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Jul 11 2012 13:06:40
    #

Login to Send PM

there is debate on both of those questions by alot of PCO's out there

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Jul 11 2012 13:17:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Can bed bugs die of old age? There's no debate on that by experts, to my knowledge. Any animal can die of old age, right?

However, if you had a treatment involving a spray (with residual action) or dust (mechanical killer), bed bugs may also die after encountering it, even after some time has elapsed.

I think you're saying you're trying to find out if you still have live bed bugs. If is one just died, then you probably do. An expert may be able to comment on that based on your description.

If you're not sure whether you still have live bed bugs, you should consider a passive monitor or other bed bug monitoring systems. These can help you determine if they're gone. If you still have live bed bugs, you need more treatments.

What's your treatment history?

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  4. popgoesabedbug

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Jul 11 2012 13:34:49
    #

Login to Send PM

im sorry bout my answer the debate is over how long they live not dying of old age. I have researced the dying of over feeding there is debate on that. some PCO say yes while other say no

5. buggybrains

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Jul 11 2012 15:15:48
    #

Login to Send PM

@nobugsonme

i haven't really had any treatment. i don't have the money right now to call the pco.

all i have been doing is cleaning, cleaning, cleaning. i vacuum every chance i get, i scrub and wipe every night and i inspect a lot. i don't get bit as often as i did before (i used to get bit like twice a night, so that would make like 6 bites every two nights but now its like none.). i encased my bed as soon as i found out i had bed bugs and chalked every crack i found.

i know this is not much but this had helped me a lot and i haven't been getting bite in awhile... (hope this doesn't jinx me)

6. Redtape

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Aug 7 2012 4:42:30
    #

Login to Send PM

From the sounds of it it sounds like you have a pretty low level infestation.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,610 posts in 49,509 topics over 153 months by 21,693 of 22,135 members. Latest: mrssachvz, mandy717, Lodo956