Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

Bed bugs during the day - does it mean something?

(3 posts)
  1. cloggie

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Jun 4 2019 14:35:33
    #

Login to Send PM

hello all,

3 weeks ago I spotted bugs in my bedroom and since 2 weeks I'm certain they are bed bugs (I brought live bugs to an expert). Since them I'm fighting them by spreading thin layers of diatomaceous earth and vaccuum cleaning. I hardly see them except whenI wake up at night. Each night I wake up 2-3 times, watch my bed for 5-10 minutes and catch about 15-20 bed bugs per night this way.

Since a few days I also spot them during the daytime in the living room. 2 were walking my couch and one was walking on my desk today. Does them appearing during day and in the living room is a good or bad thing? I.e. is the DE in the bedroom so effective that they are forced to move elsewhere and also find me during the day because they are hungry?

many thanks!
    Arjen

2. Scared88

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Jun 4 2019 14:58:45
    #

Login to Send PM

No expert here, but 15-20 per night sounds like a lot! I'd call a PCO.

3. ughhhhh

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Jun 4 2019 16:58:33
    #

Login to Send PM

That is a major and spreading infestation! Call a professional, and just as importantly, take steps to make sure you're not bringing hitchhikers out into the world with you. Please don't inflict this on anyone else!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,396 posts in 48,808 topics over 150 months by 21,434 of 21,838 members. Latest: dc8184, bedbugtoronto, stinson