Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Bed bugs coming back from another apartment unit?

(2 posts)
  1. paranoidxx

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Oct 22 2012 10:28:00
    #

Login to Send PM

I found bed bugs in my apartment not this past weekend but the weekend before. The exterminators came in on Thursday and heat treated my apartment up to 140F and put on residual chemicals (I don't know the specifics). They packed up and left around 5PM. The next day on Friday, the exterminator company came back to do inspections in my other apartment units. They found an infestation in my neighbor's apartment directly below me. It must have been bad because they had no reservations about saying that my bed bugs came from that apartment (I had a "light infestation"). This is a small exterminator company - they literally had to clear out an entire day's worth of schedule for because they needed to send all their exterminators to my apartment to treat my bb.

I'm extremely worried that since they left on Thursday, the bed bugs may have come back into my apartment and I don't know how effective residual chemicals are in keeping bed bugs out. I also have no idea when they are next coming into my neighbor's unit to take care of the problem (the property manager/company won't disclose much information due to confidentiality issues).

How likely is it that the bed bugs have made their way into my apartment already or that they will before the extermination comes back in (assuming sometime this week hopefully!)

2. Techydude

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Oct 23 2012 2:24:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Hm, I have a similar situation(tho complicated) because the apartment 5 floors down had a bedbug infestation(even more apartments could be infested).

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,483 posts in 49,273 topics over 152 months by 21,594 of 22,016 members. Latest: evil11, Airbnbug, junojunk