Bed Bugs Back

(5 posts)
  1. MBA0200

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Jun 3 2018 10:15:18
    #

Login to Send PM

June 2017 I discovered I had bed bugs. I called out the exterminator and they did their treatments and came back a month later for a follow up. On the follow up they gave me the all clear! September 2017 I saw one bed bug as I was getting ready for work and I killed it. I had my exterminator come back out and check and he said I had no signs of any more bed bugs. Now June 2018 I just got some brand new sheets and I have noticed two marks on the sheets at the head of the bed that look like the fecal stains that they leave. I have inspected and can’t find any more signs of them. Both my box spring and my mattress are in cases and covers as well as my pillows. I also have also had DE sprinkled down. I do not have the extra money to call the exterminator back out again. What should I do?

2. Mf1616

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Jun 3 2018 21:55:43
    #

Login to Send PM

I’m not an expert, but it seems like you would have an obvious infestation by now if the 2017 bed bug problem wasn’t fully taken care of. Do you have a passive monitor set up? You could also make one too.

For the record, I am NOT an expert.
    My advice/opinion comes from past experience(s) with bed bugs and what I have read on-line.
  3. thirdusername

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jun 4 2018 1:45:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Do you live in a house or an apartment?
    Where did you find the bug?
    Do you have any pictures of it?
    I'd try and make your own passive monitor (instructions in the FAQ).
    Good luck.

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.
  4. westmoreland

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jun 4 2018 18:37:40
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm so sorry this is happening to you!

If you don't have extra money, you can be brave and try inspecting again. Move outward from the bed, since you say you have inspected it already and found nothing. Inspect slowly and methodically. Know that what you are looking for is impossibly small and clever at hiding and you have to think a little bit how it thinks and try to find where it lives. You can do this.

A monitor would be a great idea like the folks above suggest. Good luck!

5. MBA0200

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jun 4 2018 22:00:22
    #

Login to Send PM

https://m.imgur.com/a/Refhrvw

There’s the pictures of some of the spots I have found. They are different than the spots that I saw when I had to problem before but I’m not sure what else they could be from. I may just be paranoid after it all but I’m just worried to death that it’s happening all over again.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,610 posts in 49,509 topics over 153 months by 21,693 of 22,135 members. Latest: mrssachvz, mandy717, Lodo956