Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Bed bugs at Airbnb: launder at home or at laundromat?

(2 posts)
  1. janvanman523

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun May 19 2019 11:40:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi everyone!

Our Airbnb had bed bugs. Do you think I should take our clothes to a laundromat or just wash and dry all clothes at home?

A bit of background, we used the Airbnb dryer located downstairs, away from the bedroom that was upstairs. We dried all of our clothes for 30 minutes on high heat. After drying, we placed the clothes into lawn and leaf bags, knotted them, and then placed the bags into our car. The only things at risk of bed bug transmission are our clothes that we wore to bed the night before we left, which we placed into its own bag.

The clothes are currently still in the car, inside the bags.

Should I launder at home or should I go to he laundromat with the clothes?

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Mon May 20 2019 7:24:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

If you feel it's sufficiently isolated and contained then it's safe to wait till you get home.

I would also advise you watch the video on home to inspect rooms before you sleep and to monitor your home as best practice.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,771 posts in 48,891 topics over 151 months by 21,460 of 21,863 members. Latest: SimpleObserver, get_out, Dannie