(2 posts)
  1. wellwellthen

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Sep 1 2011 5:18:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey,

So, I'm not 100% sure I have them. But I stayed at a hotel a while ago with bedbugs and I'm a little bit paranoid. So expect pictures of "signs" I see in the next post (again, sorry!)
    I wanted to share some of my knowledge and ask a few questions.
    A friend of mine from Japan encountered them while abroad (coincidentally, I then encountered them when I came here). I should ask him if he can post an entire English version of how he got rid of the little jerks on his own, since it'd probably be of interest.

Interestingly (or maybe not), one name for bedbugs in Japan is "Nanking Bug." I haven't been able to figure out why.

Last, a question from me: several insecticides here are labeled for bed bugs. However, I don't know how much this can be trusted. Most of the ones labeled for bed bugs are sort of like foggers -- either you press a button and "mist" comes out, or you fill a container with water, and the fog stuff spills over, much like those fog cauldrons used for decoration at Halloween. What are your thoughts? My friend told me that pesticides in Japan are stronger/more effective, but I'm a little hesitant.
    Also, the Japanese Wikipedia page cites pyrethroid insecticides as effective (no references, though).

Anyway, I hope someone finds this interesting and that it balances out my next, possibly paranoid, post.

PS I wasn't sure where to put this, so I hope this is okay.

2. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Sep 1 2011 5:48:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Experts advise that foggers are bad.
    Experts recommend a multi-pronged approach when fighting bed bugs. Though today's bed bugs are somewhat more resistant to pyrethroids, that's still what's used, in conjunction with heat, physical removal and other techniques.
    Review our FAQ, start to finish for a good base of what you need to know.
    Wikipedia (which anyone can edit) is highly vulnerable to manipulation by people with "motives". Example, if you're in the business of selling "glean oil" or "red cohosh", you can support your sales by slipping in a passage that native Elbonians use these products to fight bed bugs.

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

287,686 posts in 47,942 topics over 148 months by 21,122 of 21,462 members. Latest: Gingerfear, Cbake016, kkjk742