Bed bugs again

(4 posts)
  1. Billius

newbite

Posted 11 months ago
    Fri Oct 20 2017 2:15:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok so about a month ago my brother found and infestation of bedbugs in his room and my sister room had a few. I had found one or two but my parents didn’t really bother with my room much. We didn’t hire and exterminator because that’s expensive so we researched and bagged everything and removed everything then sprayed it all down with rubbing alcohol (I think. Don’t quote me on that). We ripped out carpet and base boards and refloored with hardwood and put on new baseboards. My dad redid my room my sister and my brothers and will redo his room soon, but this was about 2 weeks ago. We also got rid of our couches because they had bedbugs. I was laying in my bed with the light on and a bedbug ( I think it looks damn near close) waltzes over my pillow. I kinda freak out quietly because it’s like midnight. I grab a piece of toilet paper and capture him. I don’t want to tell my parents because my mom will literally die if she here’s I found one. What the hell do I do???? Also I’m terrified to go back to my room and go to sleep. Please help.

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 11 months ago
    Fri Oct 20 2017 6:06:17
    #

Login to Send PM

You basically didn't apply any insecticide. Alcohol is only a contact killer, so no residual control. Throwing out items, removing carpets, renovating floors, moldings doesn't really do anything to any insects that are there. What did you do with beds (mattresses and box springs)?

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. Billius

newbite

Posted 11 months ago
    Fri Oct 20 2017 19:47:00
    #

Login to Send PM

We threw out the beds and box springs

4. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 11 months ago
    Sat Oct 21 2017 5:43:28
    #

Login to Send PM

You need to tell your parents that you found a bedbug. They are the adults and have to deal with the infestation

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,349 posts in 46,297 topics over 141 months by 20,409 of 21,248 members. Latest: nobugsinmanhattan, newbugpanic, berry1